BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Battery drainng Issues

09-06-2023, 09:04 AM   #1
t4ure4n
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 xdrive 20d

Battery drainng Issues

I have BMW X1 2016, which I had bought recently. I had to replace the battery as it was completely flat and jump starting didn't help. I have replaced it with BOSCH same spec battery and also registered it with ISTA+ software.

The issue I am having is that if the car isn't driven for few 2-3 days the battery drains to half confirmed by using a battery tester. After driving the car for few miles, it shows the charge is back to full.

What can i do to confirm what's draining the battery whilst it is parked?

PS. I have used ISTA+ to check error codes and there are two showing up. can these be the reason of battery drain?
  • 2BAD00 - Exhaust gas sensor temperature sensor upstream of diesel particulate filter signal: Open or short to B+
  • 9390DC - Seat belt buckle contact, rear centre, open circuit
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 07:31 AM   #2
mDrive2
Rep
Drives: x1

Hi, this is quite problematic to diagnose. I mean it takes a long time.
This could be an issue - 9390DC - Seat belt buckle contact, rear centre, open circuit
Also, check the standby current with ISTA if this is a real problem. My car shows 80mA.
Good luck with this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0