BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) FS: Thule roof bar set (4x 753 feet, 2x keys, 4023 kit, 127cm square bars) Dorset, UK

02-27-2021, 06:23 AM   #1
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

FS: Thule roof bar set (4x 753 feet, 2x keys, 4023 kit, 127cm square bars) Dorset, UK

Hi all,

After 4.5 years of X1 ownership I'm making the switch to something else, and looking to sell a few bits.

I've got a complete set of Thule square roof bars (127cm, Thule 769), with the 753 foot pack, which includes the Allen key and two keys for the locks, and the 4023 fitting kit. I believe that this 4023 kit at least will also fit an earlier X3 and X5 as well, but you may want to check on the bar length for those vehicles. It certainly fits my 2016 X1

The bars are in very good, used condition, and come complete with all the original Thule boxes, spare bolts, instruction sheets etc. They've been stored in a garage for most of their life, out of the sun, and only installed for our trips away.

I'm offering COLLECTION ONLY, from Bournemouth, Dorset in the UK (BH9) for now as the shipping costs would be a little on the high side I think due to the weight and size.

They cost me well over £100 when I bought them, and I'm looking for around £65 for the whole setup. Please PM if you are interested in viewing and/or collecting. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 03:42 AM   #2
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Hi Clive

What are you changing to? - just interested.

My X1 is just coming up 5 years old but only done about 13,000 miles so hoping there is lots of life left in it yet.

Bill
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 04:38 AM   #3
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
Hi Clive

What are you changing to? - just interested.

My X1 is just coming up 5 years old but only done about 13,000 miles so hoping there is lots of life left in it yet.

Bill
Hi Bill,

I'm taking a 3 year personal lease on a Ford Kuga Vignale plug-in hybrid. We've done 31,000 miles in the X1 (our main family car) since buying it new in 2016, and it's been very good to us, but the servicing, tyres, warranty costs etc. were getting a little much. We ordered the Kuga over 7 months ago now (!!) and due to battery recalls etc. it's taken this long to finally get to a delivery date next week. The PHEV should be a good fit with the amount of time we spend crawling around town in traffic, and it's got a good deal of tech; HUD, CarPlay, memory seats, digital dash, blind spot indicators, lane assist, auto parking, heated seats (front and rear), heated steering wheel, heated front and rear windscreen, scheduled/remote warmup, LED headlights etc. and it's a bit bigger inside and out too. I've gone for a fully maintained lease, so no further service costs for the 3 years, and I've got solar panels that will help with the charging costs too. I'll also be asking the wife to shop in the Tescos that provide free PodPoint charging more often

It was an impressive test drive a year or more ago in a Mini Cooper PHEV that got me thinking about the hybrid option, and having had second-hand and new BMWs for years I was a bit worried about potentially moving away from the brand, but the Kuga stands up fairly well. Some of the interior plastics are noticeably cheaper, but it was a good drive and included so much more than you would get from a "base" BMW. You have to add various "packages" that seem designed to make you opt for as many as possible to get the bits you want/need. It was a lot quieter too; the road noise from the X1 has always been one noticeable issue for me.

I'm obviously hoping I won't regret the switch, but I'm optimistic from the feedback from a number of other Kuga owners in a Facebook group who are really enjoying it. Fingers crossed!

I'd certainly hope there's a lot of life left in your X1! 13,000 miles in 5 years is nothing. Have you taken out a warranty just in case though? Hope you continue to get good service from your motor

Cheers,
Clive
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 05:02 AM   #4
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
Hi Bill,

I'm taking a 3 year personal lease on a Ford Kuga Vignale plug-in hybrid. We've done 31,000 miles in the X1 (our main family car) since buying it new in 2016, and it's been very good to us, but the servicing, tyres, warranty costs etc. were getting a little much. We ordered the Kuga over 7 months ago now (!!) and due to battery recalls etc. it's taken this long to finally get to a delivery date next week. The PHEV should be a good fit with the amount of time we spend crawling around town in traffic, and it's got a good deal of tech; HUD, CarPlay, memory seats, digital dash, blind spot indicators, lane assist, auto parking, heated seats (front and rear), heated steering wheel, heated front and rear windscreen, scheduled/remote warmup, LED headlights etc. and it's a bit bigger inside and out too. I've gone for a fully maintained lease, so no further service costs for the 3 years, and I've got solar panels that will help with the charging costs too. I'll also be asking the wife to shop in the Tescos that provide free PodPoint charging more often

It was an impressive test drive a year or more ago in a Mini Cooper PHEV that got me thinking about the hybrid option, and having had second-hand and new BMWs for years I was a bit worried about potentially moving away from the brand, but the Kuga stands up fairly well. Some of the interior plastics are noticeably cheaper, but it was a good drive and included so much more than you would get from a "base" BMW. You have to add various "packages" that seem designed to make you opt for as many as possible to get the bits you want/need. It was a lot quieter too; the road noise from the X1 has always been one noticeable issue for me.

I'm obviously hoping I won't regret the switch, but I'm optimistic from the feedback from a number of other Kuga owners in a Facebook group who are really enjoying it. Fingers crossed!

I'd certainly hope there's a lot of life left in your X1! 13,000 miles in 5 years is nothing. Have you taken out a warranty just in case though? Hope you continue to get good service from your motor

Cheers,
Clive
I am sure the Kuga will serve you well. I was tempted by a Mustang Bullitt but they only do it in a manual version!! - would have been a crazy choice but they do look and sound great.

I don't have extended warranty but weigh up possible repair costs against huge depreciation on a new vehicle. And I do still love my X1.

Wishing you best of luck with your Kuga

Bill
Appreciate 0