BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW X1 Tail light fuse or cable

12-02-2020, 03:54 AM   #1
sisaodissa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

BMW X1 Tail light fuse or cable

Hi guys,
I have the question regarding tail lights - only left inner part of the light is not working. All other tail lights are working properly.

I have checked and replaced bulbs already, have checked and there is no current in the cable on the light mainboard connector.

In the fuse schema have seen that there are 4 fuses for lights, could this be happening due to a fuse (which I personally doubt) or it is likely to be a general cable / connector problem?

Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:30 AM   #2
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

You seem to have a good diagnostic starting point and some knowledge with checking electrical issues if you concluded there's no power at the connector.

Start with low hanging fruit. Sometimes the best solution is the easiest one. Pull the 4 fuses and check for a break.

Chasing down a wiring issue may be a much bigger task.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #3
Ajay2247
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2016

Even i have the same issue but on RIGHT-hand side of light, just 2 LED STRIPS stopped working all of sudden.
I think its the Module that's inside these rear lights. A kind of ELectric board with connectors.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #4
jkont
Private
Rep

It is a very common issue.
You have to change the parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #5
Ajay2247
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2016

is there any way to repair it? or you have to change the whole rear light module.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
noVuz
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18dX Xline

it is possible to repair it but ist is hard to open the tail light because it is glued. In germany BMW is replacing them for free
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2021, 02:16 PM   #7
dvdwithbmw
Registered
Rep

I guess, it is replacing them if the 3 year warranty is still valid, right?

My car is 3 years and 6 month old and I have the same issue with the rear light
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #8
Digi1983
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20D XDRIVE

tengo el mismo problema, el lado izquierdo alguna veces parece que enciende pero muy débil. Que 4 fusibles son? como podemos saber si nos entra en garantía?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 02:36 PM   #9
Digi1983
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20D XDRIVE

Solucionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi1983 View Post
tengo el mismo problema, el lado izquierdo alguna veces parece que enciende pero muy débil. Que 4 fusibles son? como podemos saber si nos entra en garantía?
Al final la solución fue ir al concesionario y que me dieran el palo, no me han cubierto nada en garantía, estoy bastante descontento con BMW.

el precio 162.90€ cada luz + 14.30€ de 20 minutos de mano de obra + el 21% de IVA = 411€

Llamé para preguntar por el recambio del piloto y me dijeron que cada piloto valía 274€ así que no se si han hecho algún tipo de descuento, pero si cada 5 años petan estas listos!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:53 PM   #10
SDriver18i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 s18i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi1983 View Post
Al final la solución fue ir al concesionario y que me dieran el palo, no me han cubierto nada en garantía, estoy bastante descontento con BMW.
Check the chinese markets. They should be cheaper and you can also get the newer ones that are on the LCI too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002659250050.html
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #11
otap7
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisaodissa View Post
Hi guys,
I have the question regarding tail lights - only left inner part of the light is not working. All other tail lights are working properly.

I have checked and replaced bulbs already, have checked and there is no current in the cable on the light mainboard connector.

In the fuse schema have seen that there are 4 fuses for lights, could this be happening due to a fuse (which I personally doubt) or it is likely to be a general cable / connector problem?

Thank you
Hi sisaodissa , did you find a solution for this. I also have a 2016 BMW X1 car have the same issue. The left side inner light is Not working. The light bulbs are ok, I connected them to the right side and they worked. Also, I don't think it is the fuse since a blown fuse would probably kill all the brake lights. Please let me know if you fixed your issue. Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 11:04 AM   #12
slavictech
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisaodissa View Post
Hi guys,

Thank you
I do have the same problem too. The thing is that I am trying to find a way how to remove it. Or should I change the whole set? I don't know if I change just only the inner tail lamp, the light on the new lamp will be bighter than the old one?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 01:51 AM   #13
itomlj17
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 S18D

same problem

I have same problem started just few months after buying the car. In total in these 5 and half years left one broke 4 times and right one 2 times. All within 2 year Croatian warranty (or 3 year German warranty) was changed on BMW cost. Now they ask me 170euro for faulty and problematic new part and they do not accept their own liability for the problem. I am more than pissed on the quality and willingness to solve the problem on the premium expensive car and part.
Here is what I have found (and solution is unimaginably cheap)

https://www.ledsupply.com/blog/commo...ail-light-fix/
Appreciate 1
bpajic0.00
      03-08-2023, 02:15 PM   #14
kaphsvk
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

I have the same problem. Right inner LED tail light is not working, but bulbs are OK. I also have problem with trunk lighting.

i tried plugging the new tail light into the connector but it still doesn't work. Couldn't there be a problem with the wiring or the control unit?
Can you advise me where to start?

Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 10:47 PM   #15
secondmoon
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x1 f48 2018

same problem here, Rt inner LED not working, but bulbs are working fine

so I tried

1. remove Left inner light and connected to the Right side connector - doesn't work

2. Rt side inner light connected to the Left connector - doesn't work

3. put the Left side back to the Left side - works.

I don't get it.... if the right side board is broken, when I connected the Lt side one to the Rt side connector, it should work because Lt board is fine, but it didn't work.

if wiring was the problem, when I connected Rt one to the left side, it should work, but it didnt.

anyone have any suggestion before I order full set of inner tail light?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 07:59 AM   #16
s0madlan
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondmoon View Post
same problem here, Rt inner LED not working, but bulbs are working fine

so I tried

1. remove Left inner light and connected to the Right side connector - doesn't work

2. Rt side inner light connected to the Left connector - doesn't work

3. put the Left side back to the Left side - works.

I don't get it.... if the right side board is broken, when I connected the Lt side one to the Rt side connector, it should work because Lt board is fine, but it didn't work.

if wiring was the problem, when I connected Rt one to the left side, it should work, but it didnt.

anyone have any suggestion before I order full set of inner tail light?
Did you figure it out? Try this and see if it works, but it's for an X3. I would think they'd use the same board, but not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 01:18 AM   #17
Dopiej
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Would these also work on BMW x1 F48? because I am having the same problem on one of my inner tail lights..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 03:01 AM   #18
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Add one to the list. This morning when clearing the car for snow I noticed that the inner LEDstripes on the right side where gone…

Rest of
The bulbs likes reverse lights and fog lights worked fine.

Edit: Found this, have to test myself https://www.ledsupply.com/blog/commo...ail-light-fix/

Last edited by mrpingu; 01-17-2024 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 01:16 AM   #19
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
No, the board on F48 and almost impossible to get to. Need to remove the lens / cover
Attached Images

Appreciate 0