BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Advice/opinion on engine replacement

09-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Bfitz528
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Advice/opinion on engine replacement

I have a 2014 X1 X drive with approx 80k miles on it. Almost all of them have been on the highway. So about two weeks ago I was driving home and the car started to shake like I had a flat tire so I pulled it over and it continued and I realized my check engine light was on. Turns out it was a mis fire in cylinder four, and I’ve never had an issues like this before. About a month prior to this I had the car looked at by the local dealership because it was burning oil (about a quart every 1100 miles and they said this was normal. Since I took it back in because of the misfire they said I need to replace the engine and that this is my only choice. The car feels fine when it’s driven around 3000 rpms or better and I just wanted some opinions. I attached the images of what they provided me with.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0