BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) For Sale: DINANtronics Sport Tuner for B48 / B46 and B38 Engines

03-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 DCT, 2017 X1 M Sport

Cool For Sale: DINANtronics Sport Tuner for B48 / B46 and B38 Engines

$250 Shipped anywhere in the US. Price is firm, item is in great condition, used for 1 year without any issues. Had to take it out of my wife's X1 because she drive too fast.

From Dinan's website...

DINANTRONICS Sport Maximum Gains (B48): Up to 30 HP, 40 lb-ft of torque.

DINANTRONICS Sport is the boost controller for the masses. Its simple design/execution allows for easy installation/removal that can be performed in a blink of an eye and yields results you will be sure to feel, and enjoy, from the get go. Coupled with Bluetooth capabilities right out of the box that allows for user controlled adjustability and a live boost monitor to keep track of the action its a value proposition that is unequaled in the marketplace.

DINANTRONICS Sport plugs into a single sensor which lends itself to a very quick and and discrete installation, or removal, should the need arise. Not only does this connection method offer a simplified install but also effectively utilizes the factory DME, in tandem with itself, in order to re-map boost, fueling, and timing for optimal performance. Once installed DINANTRONICS Sport enjoys connectivity to various smartphone devices courtesy of its built-in Bluetooth Smart system. From the free app one has the freedom to reduce stock boost for valet duties or crank up the boost all the way up to the "race" setting for maximum enjoyment… or anywhere in between. Regardless of what setting is chosen there is a power level for everyone. Also within the app the end user has access to a live boost monitor which streams boost data in real time to the phone very similar in appearance to the sport gauges on the iDrive. Not only will you be able to feel the difference but now you can see it as well!

Perhaps best of all, the unit automatically detects which engine it is installed upon and loads the approprate mapping. Effectively making a single unit compatible with an extremely wide range of applications making switching to a new vehicle, sharing with another, or selling the unit a breeze.

Benefits of the DINANTRONICS Sport Performance Tuner for MINI B38 & B48 Engines:

+ Up to +30 HP and +40 lb-ft (B48)
+ Bluetooth smart (Android and iOS Compatible)
- Live boost monitor
- Multiple power settings to choose from (Sport, Sport+, and Race).
- Valet / parental control modes (-3 PSI)
+ Quick, easy, and discrete installation
+ Automatically detects engine type and loads appropriate mapping
SKU: D440-0012
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
yaborady
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 xDrive28i

I’m interested!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaborady View Post
I’m interested!
If you’re ready to go, shoot me a PM with your shipping info and I’ll send you my PayPal address
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
dgM235iXdrive
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 Estoril Blue M235i xDrive

Dinan Sport Tuner Question

Hi there! I have a couple questions regarding BMW warranty and servicing due to my 2018 F48 being a lease.
  1. Does the device leave any traces of its being plugged into the car, such as logs that service techs can pull?
  2. If I remove the tuner every time I bring the car in, assuming it has no serious issues, would BMW even care that it's in the car?
  3. I have even heard some dealers are fully ok with Dinan tunes, have you had any experience with dealers in this regard?

Thank you for the info, it really looks like a good minor upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgM235iXdrive View Post
Hi there! I have a couple questions regarding BMW warranty and servicing due to my 2018 F48 being a lease.
  1. Does the device leave any traces of its being plugged into the car, such as logs that service techs can pull?
  2. If I remove the tuner every time I bring the car in, assuming it has no serious issues, would BMW even care that it's in the car?
  3. I have even heard some dealers are fully ok with Dinan tunes, have you had any experience with dealers in this regard?

Hey bud! Being that this device doesn't actually remap the ECU or do any 'tuning', I don't think it would leave a trace. It just acts like a sensor to increase boost levels. So it's maybe possible if they dug super deep and found that your car had achieved higher than normal boost levels, they might ask questions?

I've always left these Dinan Sport tuners in my M2 and X1 when taking to the dealership, never had anyone ask about them and I have gotten warranty work done on both cars (unrelated to tuner) with no problems.

Some dealers are authorized Dinan dealers, so they would be more friendly to Dinan products. My dealer is not a Dinan dealer, but they have never given me any trouble.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
dgM235iXdrive
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 Estoril Blue M235i xDrive

Thanks for the info! I am still feeling out the car as I just got it a couple weeks ago, but moving from a 2015 M235i with xDrive, I can tell I will miss the power!

I will go ask my dealer if they are Dinan certified and throw a "hypothetical" question about installing the sport tuner at them.

M2 + X1 sounds like a combo to strive for! Have fun out there!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #7
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgM235iXdrive View Post

Take the tuner out just to be safe. This dinan tuner carries no warranty nor matches BMW's warranty for anything so if you over boost and let's say pop a charge pipe, with the dinantronics on there they can blame it on that.

Nobody knows if overboost codes are ever looked at but your typical dumbass mechanic at a bmw dealership most likely could make a connection to that and what this is, essentially a boost controller. Since your leased, I wouldn't give a shit. On my CPO 335 xdrive with m-power kit, I stack jb+ with it and remove the jb+ every single time I service, even oil changes
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #9
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class