BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Lost center cupholder Ambient lighting

06-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #1
Infoteknerd
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

So, just installed the AVIN unit last weekend, everything seemed to go well, but now it appears that the lower center console LED is non-operational.

I have checked to confirm that all 3 connectors are plugged in to the radio/HVAC panel, and all the other ambient lights are working, as well as the radio and HVAC controls.

Edited to add: This is the light below the climate settings, not the one in the headliner.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infoteknerd View Post
So, just installed the AVIN unit last weekend, everything seemed to go well, but now it appears that the lower center console LED is non-operational.

I have checked to confirm that all 3 connectors are plugged in to the radio/HVAC panel, and all the other ambient lights are working, as well as the radio and HVAC controls.

Edited to add: This is the light below the climate settings, not the one in the headliner.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
The tiny led bulb can easily be nudged out of place so that it no longer shines through tiny hole onto cup holder area. I suggest you remove lower trim and clip it back in place, I expect you dislodged it during your retrofit, I did the same thing when I upgraded my CID.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 04:26 PM   #3
Infoteknerd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infoteknerd View Post

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
The tiny led bulb can easily be nudged out of place so that it no longer shines through tiny hole onto cup holder area. I suggest you remove lower trim and clip it back in place, I expect you dislodged it during your retrofit, I did the same thing when I upgraded my CID.
Thanks! Will try that soon
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
Infoteknerd
Rep

Found the issue! I plugged the wire into the wrong port, lol.

Apparently there are 2 ports on the console trim, the easy one that sticks out, and the difficult one that is to the side. And for 2 minutes when putting things back together I forgot that I was working on a BMW.

Popped the trim off while at the car wash, and moved it to the more difficult spot, and now everything seems to be working properly.
Appreciate 0