BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2016 x1 headlights led - halo lights are yellow

02-15-2024, 09:57 AM   #1
jcbx1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmx x1

2016 x1 headlights led - halo lights are yellow

Hello, just bought a 2016 x1 xdrive, the passenger side led headlight was replaced with a valeo (shows date assembled as 2023) and the halo lights are ice white/blue (after buying the replacement boards for both sides) on the passenger side, original headlight unit assembled in 2015, i replaced both boards with ice white/blue just the same as the passenger side and they are still yellow, im thinking if i buy another replacement on ebay they would actually have the clear acrylic halo for them to match the passenger side. does anyone know if the 2017 year model has the clear acrylic halo so they will look ice white/blue similar to the other side? or would i have to buy another year up, found a 2017 led headlight for $359, the other one is a 2019 assembly year and that is over $500..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:18 PM   #2
saphirschwarz.f48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F48 X1 sDrive

This problem is not due to model year or build date, but rather a matter of wear and tear. as these headlights age and wear, they tend to yellow out before slowly dimming from there and eventually completely blow.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 11:20 AM   #3
jcbx1
Registered
Rep

its the actual halo lens, so i found out, buying a 2015, 2016 model used i have seen they are in fact built to be yellow. the newly built ones that are from valeo actually have the clear halo so the LED boards that are ice white/light blue comes through as such. i'll get the one built in 2019 instead of risking with a 2017. the led boards (with the heatsink) can be bought off ebay for about $100 for the 4. - thank you -
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 04:11 PM   #4
jcbx1
Registered
Rep

heatsink/led panels

Hi, i bought the heatsink/led panels, they just unscrew and replace, the plastic halo lens piece is the problem, i'll buy the 2019 ones since i believe thats when they changed to a clear plastic halo piece instead of a frosted/yellow. it seems the cheaper models halos are yellowish from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphirschwarz.f48 View Post
This problem is not due to model year or build date, but rather a matter of wear and tear. as these headlights age and wear, they tend to yellow out before slowly dimming from there and eventually completely blow.
Appreciate 0