BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos A 1000+ hp Taycan to be introduced soon.

10-27-2022, 03:24 PM   #23
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Meh, they are all the same. Wake me up when Porsche can build an EV sports coupe with rwd, 350hp+, 3,500lbs minimum, and 300mile range.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #24
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
And a full second slower in the 1/4 mile. And it runs 7.7 60-130 lmao

Model s plaid does it in 4.x seconds.

Porsche will catch up I’m sure. But it’ll be double the price of the other plaid.
This :

will get you drunk faster than this:

and it's cheaper too.

I suppose they still make Old English for a reason, so who am I to judge ? To each their own
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 03:34 PM   #25
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
And a full second slower in the 1/4 mile. And it runs 7.7 60-130 lmao

Model s plaid does it in 4.x seconds.

Porsche will catch up I’m sure. But it’ll be double the price of the other plaid.
I still would not call that "dog shit slow" and again, it can actually steer and brake and has a nice interior and has a million times better build quality. What's fast if you have to sacrifice so much?? Neither are cheap, so I don't see anything as a bargain.
      10-27-2022, 03:50 PM   #26
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I still would not call that "dog shit slow" and again, it can actually steer and brake and has a nice interior and has a million times better build quality. What's fast if you have to sacrifice so much?? Neither are cheap, so I don't see anything as a bargain.
Model 3 performances do 0-60 in 3.1. Still fast.

But ev isn’t known for top end. They die after 80 mainly on the teslas aside from the plaids. I have a model 3 long range. 3.6-3.7 0-60 easily over and over. Even as the SOC goes down. But after 80 it’s a dog.

A plaid will do 60-130 4.x seconds, the gold standard for roll racing. Everyone is now chasing plaids in terms of 60-130.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 04:01 PM   #27
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Guys guys. Don't waste your breathe. Haven't you learned yet. The Corvette/Tesla nut juggler has an answer for any question or fact you can type. The best ICE is a Vette. The best EV is the Tesla. Don't
You dare try to say the opposite. Lol. Every forum has and needs 1 of these guys. It's constant entertainment. He will always 1 up you in some way. I said it before. If you fell 30 feet and lived , he fell 40 and lived.
Appreciate 6
Red Bread4463.00
Burrcold5322.50
x622962.00
kyriian884.50
ntg442888.50
nismosao199.50
      10-27-2022, 04:35 PM   #28
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

The Plaid being compared to real cars is laughable. It's one thing to defend the Z06, but the Plaid defense is discrediting you much more.
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5322.50
      10-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #29
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
The Plaid being compared to real cars is laughable. It's one thing to defend the Z06, but the Plaid defense is discrediting you much more.
And a plaid isn't a real car? Get over yourself and stop hating.

Everyone is trying to make their car as fast as plaids. I would say 90% of people who buy high performance cars don't track them and they modify them to make it go faster, STRAIGHT.

Go on youtube, everyone is posting the videos of them racing plaids, or posting how they wish their car was as fast as a plaid. There's a model x plaid that destroyed a 720S off a roll.

The only way for that 720S to win was it lost it's passenger and stuffed the model x FULL OF passengers. And it barely won.

We're living in an era where the lines of ICE and EV in terms of performance and interest has finally crossed each other. It's only a matter of a couple of more years until EV finally surpasses it.

Again time is the enemy of ICE. But time favors EV.

AS time goes on, battery technology will improve and everything that goes with it. Which in turn slowly pushes ICE into extinction. You will now only own/buy ICE (if you can in the future) for recreational purposes and/or for nostalgic reasons.

When i can open a tab in the morning and read the news, "EV is not the future, we're going back to ICE", then you guys can talk shit all you want.

But until then, the only ones winning these arguments are people like me
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #30
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

When I was in college, some ME students stuck four electric motors and a bunch of lead acid batteries in a Dodge Neon. They made an awd electric car that was stupid fast in a straight line. Was it cool? Not really. It was a Dodge Neon.

Musk did it 30 years later. You keep saying the Plaid is fast. But it can't stop, it has a stupid yoke, in order to actually be quicker than a Taycan it requires preconditioning the batteries and ideal climate conditions. It's a one trick pony that's under developed compared to nearly any car from another manufacturer. If you can't see that then I need to talk to your supplier.

And you've never won an argument in your life. Just ask your wife.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
Burrcold5322.50
      10-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #31
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
When I was in college, some ME students stuck four electric motors and a bunch of lead acid batteries in a Dodge Neon. They made an awd electric car that was stupid fast in a straight line. Was it cool? Not really. It was a Dodge Neon.

Musk did it 30 years later. You keep saying the Plaid is fast. But it can't stop, it has a stupid yoke, in order to actually be quicker than a Taycan it requires preconditioning the batteries and ideal climate conditions. It's a one trick pony that's under developed compared to nearly any car from another manufacturer. If you can't see that then I need to talk to your supplier.

10-27-2022, 05:20 PM   #32
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

A DIY electric Neon. Super cool!
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      10-27-2022, 05:20 PM   #33
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:

Everyone is trying to make their car as fast as plaids. I would say 90% of people who buy high performance cars don't track them and they modify them to make it go faster, STRAIGHT.

Go on youtube, everyone is posting the videos of them racing plaids, or posting how they wish their car was as fast as a plaid. There's a model x plaid that destroyed a 720S off a roll.

The only way for that 720S to win was it lost it's passenger and stuffed the model x FULL OF passengers. And it barely won.

We're living in an era where the lines of ICE and EV in terms of performance and interest has finally crossed each other. It's only a matter of a couple of more years until EV finally surpasses it.

AS time goes on, battery technology will improve and everything that goes with it. Which in turn slowly pushes ICE into extinction. You will now only own/buy ICE (if you can in the future) for recreational purposes and/or for nostalgic reasons.

When i can open a tab in the morning and read the news, "EV is not the future, we're going back to ICE", then you guys can talk shit all you want.

Pretty soon an entry level Kia will go 0-60 in 1.9 seconds
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      10-27-2022, 05:20 PM   #34
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

My head spins trying to understand why you own an M3 Comp...
      10-27-2022, 05:23 PM   #35
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
And it will still be a kia
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 05:25 PM   #36
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

this is about as exciting as a new, faster, fancier toaster. Utterly pointless to have a 1000hp road car.

personally I'd rather have a 150hp, lightweight hatchback with a manual.
      10-27-2022, 05:36 PM   #37
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My head spins trying to understand why you own an M3 Comp...
Explain how that makes any difference.

So if i own an M3. I can not own anything else? There's a lot of people on this forum that has an M3 or an M4, M5 whatever and have other types of cars as well in their garage.

Oh wait let me guess. I'm not allowed to own an EV. Or talk about it. Or look at them. Or like them.

Whoops.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 05:37 PM   #38
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:

A DIY electric Neon. Super cool!
Dammit, you're killing my point. Yeah, it was pretty cool. It did four wheel burn outs before that was cool.

As an aside, another neighbor had a Plaid and a Lucid Air. Wanna guess which one he no longer has?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 05:38 PM   #39
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
OR........

In about 15 years from now, EVERYONE will be driving 2 second 0-60 EV's.

Time to hang up the ICE cars or get embarrassed on the road
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 05:45 PM   #40
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Yeah, 0-60...so cool. Literally that last metric I look at when shopping vehicles.

Let me know when they can build an EV equal to Cayman GT4 specs. Weight/power/range.

I would want an enthusiasts rwd tossable sports car EV.
Appreciate 2
10"4974.50
Germanauto9704.00
      10-27-2022, 05:59 PM   #41
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Explain how that makes any difference.

So if i own an M3. I can not own anything else? There's a lot of people on this forum that has an M3 or an M4, M5 whatever and have other types of cars as well in their garage.

Oh wait let me guess. I'm not allowed to own an EV. Or talk about it. Or look at them. Or like them.

Whoops.
You seem so one sided when it comes to performance metrics when discussing EV's that it just doesn't translate to me thinking someone of this mindset actually likes something that's not just a straight line rocket. It wasn't a personal attack, just an observation and something that made me say hmm.
      10-27-2022, 06:23 PM   #42
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You seem so one sided when it comes to performance metrics when discussing EV's that it just doesn't translate to me thinking someone of this mindset actually likes something that's not just a straight line rocket. It wasn't a personal attack, just an observation and something that made me say hmm.
I actually LOVE porsche.

If porsche can build something like a plaid meaning it's performance metrics for around the same price, i would praise that. The taycan turbo s falls short of it everywhere except it being 2 seconds faster at an irrelevant track because A: we live in america and B: 99% of people who buy EV's DON'T buy them FOR the track.

In the real world, the model s plaid shits on the taycan turbo s everywhere. From a stand still, a roll, 1/4. This doesn't even include the cost, the network, the usability etc. Of course porsche has a better interior. German interiors for the most part have always had good interiors. But that's not a tesla's forte. Their simplicity inside and out is good enough to get people to buy. And that's why sales always go up every year.

I just so happen to like a lot of cars. I have an M3 yes but i'm not crazy about it. When the lease is over i may go for an M5, a CT5V BW if that's still around or some other luxury type of V8 to go along with my C8Z that i will keep forever.

My model 3 is my commuter. One of the best car buys i ever done. And THE BEST daily i ever owned. I will never go back to an ICE daily.

It's ok to have interest in EV's too. Doesn't mean as car people we have to hate EV's. That shit doesn't make sense to me.
Appreciate 1
KJ10496.00
      10-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #43
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I actually LOVE porsche.

If porsche can build something like a plaid meaning it's performance metrics for around the same price, i would praise that. The taycan turbo s falls short of it everywhere except it being 2 seconds faster at an irrelevant track because A: we live in america and B: 99% of people who buy EV's DON'T buy them FOR the track.

In the real world, the model s plaid shits on the taycan turbo s everywhere. From a stand still, a roll, 1/4. This doesn't even include the cost, the network, the usability etc. Of course porsche has a better interior. German interiors for the most part have always had good interiors. But that's not a tesla's forte. Their simplicity inside and out is good enough to get people to buy. And that's why sales always go up every year.

I just so happen to like a lot of cars. I have an M3 yes but i'm not crazy about it. When the lease is over i may go for an M5, a CT5V BW if that's still around or some other luxury type of V8 to go along with my C8Z that i will keep forever.

My model 3 is my commuter. One of the best car buys i ever done. And THE BEST daily i ever owned. I will never go back to an ICE daily.

It's ok to have interest in EV's too. Doesn't mean as car people we have to hate EV's. That shit doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not hating on EV's. I just think a "performance EV" needs to do more than just be silly fast in a straight line.
Germanauto9704.00
chad86tsi1605.00
      10-27-2022, 08:25 PM   #44
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
I actually LOVE porsche.

Umm how about the chassis, suspension, steering, brakes, etc.? This is not a criticism specific just to Tesla. Every other brand is playing catch up with Porsche in all those metrics. Alongside, as you alluded to, Porsche's solid construction and quality feel throughout all their products.

The Model S Plaid has its merits, but Porsche is a cut above in every metric for drivers.
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5322.50
chad86tsi1605.00