BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Code P0446 - EVAP VENT CONTROL CIRCUIT FAILURE

04-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #23
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline2.0 View Post
A bit late to the party, but I'm attaching a helpful BMW service bulletin that I found awhile ago when I got a check engine light (I believe error code 191C02) that was pointing to a faulty tank vent valve (B46 engine).

My valve didn't have the visual defect noted in the attached document. But, the dealer did replace the vent valve under warranty as it was loose/defective. I was also able to fix a loose connector issue because I knew what it should've looked like from my own disassembly experience.

Hope the attachment helps future members.
Looking into that valve is almost impossible without an inspection camera.. but I did see a tear in the diaphram, which makes sense that my replacement valve is now working and no more codes. Thanks for that pdf!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #24
Sphinx144
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusflyer View Post
Just had this issue occur on my 2016 F48, it's only the P0446 that presents.. I tried a new gas cap and that wasn't it.. chased down an electrical issue as my obd tool kept telling me that my battery had low voltage, replaced the battery and no change BUT when I was working under the hood I got some really strong fuel vapors. I looked up fuel TSB's for the MY in the US and BINGO! TSB B010419 covers the issue and BMW even extended the warranty to 10 years/120k miles (This only covers 2016 and very early build 2017 models however). I took it to the dealer where they had quoted me several hundred dollars in goose chase diagnostics and they were quite surprised that I had found the TSB and warranty, I told them to only look into the fuel valve and guess what? That was the issue.. saved myself a boatload!

Try this first if you only have the P0446 code! Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusflyer View Post
Just had this issue occur on my 2016 F48, it's only the P0446 that presents.. I tried a new gas cap and that wasn't it.. chased down an electrical issue as my obd tool kept telling me that my battery had low voltage, replaced the battery and no change BUT when I was working under the hood I got some really strong fuel vapors. I looked up fuel TSB's for the MY in the US and BINGO! TSB B010419 covers the issue and BMW even extended the warranty to 10 years/120k miles (This only covers 2016 and very early build 2017 models however). I took it to the dealer where they had quoted me several hundred dollars in goose chase diagnostics and they were quite surprised that I had found the TSB and warranty, I told them to only look into the fuel valve and guess what? That was the issue.. saved myself a boatload!

Try this first if you only have the P0446 code! Good luck!
Did they ask for the letter that you were supposed to get for the TSB done?
I'm having the exact same issues and came across this TSB here but never got anything in the mail like I've had for other vehicles, nonetheless it does seem to apply for my particular 2016 x1.
I can buy and replace the parts myself but I'd like to know for certain whether this is something that bmwUSA is supposed to cover or something I need to pay for myself alone.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 08:16 AM   #25
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx144 View Post
I'm having the exact same issues and came across this TSB here but never got anything in the mail like I've had for other vehicles, nonetheless it does seem to apply for my particular 2016 x1.
I can buy and replace the parts myself but I'd like to know for certain whether this is something that bmwUSA is supposed to cover or something I need to pay for myself alone.
You'll get a letter for recalls as required by law, but not TSBs. Auto manufacturers are not obligated to mail out TSBs to customers.

If you have the vent valve issue and are still under warranty, it should be a covered repair. If out of warranty, your local dealer may still replace for free but it would likely be a goodwill gesture.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:24 AM   #26
Sphinx144
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You'll get a letter for recalls as required by law, but not TSBs. Auto manufacturers are not obligated to mail out TSBs to customers.

If you have the vent valve issue and are still under warranty, it should be a covered repair. If out of warranty, your local dealer may still replace for free but it would likely be a goodwill gesture.
Quote:
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the valve covered by an extended warranty from bmw to 10 years or 120k miles?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 12:53 AM   #27
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the valve covered by an extended warranty from bmw to 10 years or 120k miles?
Not sure unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 10:09 AM   #28
Sphinx144
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure unfortunately.
To all those with this issue code (P0446) I went to the dealership and this issue is indeed covered by an extended warranty of 10 years or 120k miles.
It requires a diagnostics fee but it will be waived if the issue is indeed related to the purge valve.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 07:40 PM   #29
FluegelX1
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1

Absolute Pressure too low

I have a P11C7 code (Evap system differential pressure sensor, absolute pressure too low). I replaced the purge valve but no luck. My next part will be the vent valve and resonator just before the purge valve. After that the sensor if that doesn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 07:57 PM   #30
FluegelX1
Rep

Vent valve

My code is P11C7 (EVAP system differential pressure sensor, absolute pressure too low). I replaced the purge valve and the issue remained. Next I will replace the vent valve and maybe the pressure sensor if that doesn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 08:00 PM   #31
FluegelX1
Rep

Do you have a part number for the vent valve they changed by chance?
Appreciate 0