BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Drivetrain malfunction/EGR recall

04-10-2024, 01:42 PM   #1
DJM90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Drivetrain malfunction/EGR recall

Hi everyone,

So around a month ago I had my X1 (2016) in for the recall egr valve replacement. When they did the work they also had to replace the inlet manifold as part of this had melted away apparently. A couple of weeks ago I was driving along at a slow pace when a Drivetrain malfunction popped up on the iDrive, however it cleared itself within 10-15 seconds. After this the engine management light has came on a few times intermittently, it’ll be on one day then the next day it’s gone again.

I have a basic OEM reader and the codes showing are:-
P00BD - Mass or volume air flow A circuit range/performance - air flow too high
P0471 - Exhaust pressure sensor A circuit Range/performance

Does anyone have any ideas about if any of this could be related and it’s worth me going back to the dealer about the work? Or just coincidental and I’ll take it to an independent to get diagnosed.

Any advice appreciated, thanks everyone

Edit: Just to add, forgot to mention the car sometimes has been feeling a little rougher than normal. Seems hesitant at times when putting my foot down or even when just setting off from a stop.

Last edited by DJM90; 04-10-2024 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add some info.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 04:48 PM   #2
DJM90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

So, have since purchased Bimmerlink and done a check of the fault codes, and I’m getting the following:-

28EC00
Exhaust pressure sensor upstream of the turbine, plausibility: exhaust gas pressure upstream of the turbine is implausible to ambient pressure in the wake

2AB600
Exhaust pressure sensor upstream of the turbine, plausibility: Pressure upstream of the turbine too high (not plausible to boost pressure and ambient pressure)

36F500
Intake air system, plausibility (preliminary stage 3): Check › for large leaks (pinpointing phase with power reduction)

Air system, air to EGR mass flow plausibility: measured air › mass too high compared to calculated air mass

Lambda probe, signal Nernst voltage: interruption

Anyone have any ideas on any of this? Seems too coincidental for it all not to be linked?

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0