BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Service history question

01-20-2023, 01:53 PM   #1
Miked5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i Coupe

Service history question

I’ve just bought an approved used 2017 X1 from Stratstone BMW but I’m confused about the last service on the idrive. They confirmed to me that the service history was up to date and if anything needed doing it would be done before collection. But looking at the last service the brake fluid got changed but no vehicle inspection!

Is this something BMW have missed and I should give them a call? Why was the brake fluid changed but no vehicle inspection?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 01:54 PM   #2
Miked5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i Coupe

Service
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 03:47 PM   #3
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

there is a chance it was simply overmissed.

i’d give them a shout and see what they say.
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #4
lftodd2000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked5 View Post
I’ve just bought an approved used 2017 X1 from Stratstone BMW but I’m confused about the last service on the idrive. They confirmed to me that the service history was up to date and if anything needed doing it would be done before collection. But looking at the last service the brake fluid got changed but no vehicle inspection!

Is this something BMW have missed and I should give them a call? Why was the brake fluid changed but no vehicle inspection?
Did you manage to get this sorted. I had a similar issue and they did an over the air update for me. I could then go into my service menu and update it as done.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 12:47 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Was the Vehicle Inspection performed? If yes, then they didn’t reset the service interval. If they didn’t do the vehicle inspection, then the service wasn’t performed (it has to be paid for if not under warranty)..and only the brake fluid service was performed and reset.

If you know for certain that the service was performed…you can reset the Vehicle Service interval yourself using either the button on your instrument cluster…or the BC button on your turn indicator stalk (if you don’t have a button on your cluster).

You also need to know how to pout your car in service mode. I don’t know what model year you have or which procedure…but it’s either one press of the START button…or 3 quick presses of the START button.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 04:31 PM   #6
678hug
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 2.0i XLine

The vehicle inspection is actually the MOT (annual government mandated inspection in the UK). It's not a BMW service inspection.

You can set the date yourself.
Highlight the date, press the idrive controller and you'll find you can adjust the date to whenever the next MOT is due.

Appreciate 0