BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW E-sys coding for the f48 x1

04-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #331
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
Has anyone been able to figure out the fog lights as welcome lights? Still cant get this one.

yes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #332
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BGM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
yes
Nope, that doesn't work for our cars. I've tried both, all it does is make the alarm go off when you lock the car for some reason.

Edit: After speaking with ShawnSheridan over on bimmerfest forums, he advised me when you get out of the car and lock it but still have E-Sys connected with a coding cable... this is what makes the alarm go off. Besides that, the fog lights still didnt work as welcome lights lol.

Last edited by oreoOozZz; 04-09-2017 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #333
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Nope, that doesn't work for our cars. I've tried both, all it does is make the alarm go off when you lock the car for some reason.
Both Soft and Hard sets off alarm but neither turn on fogs?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #334
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Both Soft and Hard sets off alarm but neither turn on fogs?
Correct. There's two options, OFF or FLB_UEA. FLB_UEA changes Werte to 03 but does nothing. If you put any other Werte, you get UNKNOWN and still doesnt work. Im completely stumped on this one. Was looking around the other values for MAPPING_NEBELSCHW but nothing lists subfunctions for hard on, soft on like PART_OF does. What i dont get is, in the comments it says not active = 00, soft on = 01, hard on = 10 but doing this does nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #335
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Correct. There's two options, OFF or FLB_UEA. FLB_UEA changes Werte to 03 but does nothing. If you put any other Werte, you get UNKNOWN and still doesnt work. Im completely stumped on this one. Was looking around the other values for MAPPING_NEBELSCHW but nothing lists subfunctions for hard on, soft on like PART_OF does. What i dont get is, in the comments it says not active = 00, soft on = 01, hard on = 10 but doing this does nothing.
UNKNOWN occurs when you set werte values that do not correspond to predefined drop-down.

So you changed to 01 and it just sets off alarm; interesting. Are yours LED, Xenon, or halogen?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #336
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
UNKNOWN occurs when you set werte values that do not correspond to predefined drop-down.

So you changed to 01 and it just sets off alarm; interesting. Are yours LED, Xenon, or halogen?
I edited my post up there, ShawnSheridan told me if you get out of the car, turn it off and lock it with E-Sys still connected thru the coding cable it will set the alarm off. Thats probably what that was. My fogs are LED, did the Philips Xtreme Vision LEDs but i even tried it before when i had the halogens and same results. Something im missing here, with the newer I-Step theres alot of trial and error. Just like the triple blink. Ill get it, just will take some time or someone else to chime in who has done it on the same car.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:59 AM   #337
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I edited my post up there, ShawnSheridan told me if you get out of the car, turn it off and lock it with E-Sys still connected thru the coding cable it will set the alarm off. Thats probably what that was. My fogs are LED, did the Philips Xtreme Vision LEDs but i even tried it before when i had the halogens and same results. Something im missing here, with the newer I-Step theres alot of trial and error. Just like the triple blink. Ill get it, just will take some time or someone else to chime in who has done it on the same car.
Yes, BDC_Body vehicles are known to set off alarm with objects plugged into OBDII port when locked. For V1 radar detectors and insurance dongles, you can code FZD module so that does not occur.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 10:36 PM   #338
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just coded something else i seen on another forum, Trailer Hitch Zoom for rear camera. Could come in handy one day especially obviously if you have a trailer hitch.

Under HU_EntryNav search for the value MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING and set to aktiv.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #339
hongkongloftus
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09/2016 X1 F48 18d

Hi

I coded KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN to 00 at BCD-Body for flip the side mirror immediately when I press lock on keyfog, it is worked. But when I use Comfort Access on door handle to lock the car, the side mirror still need to hold the handle a little second for flip the side mirror.

Do I need to code other to make the mirror flip immediately using comfort access?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #340
hongkongloftus
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

One more

I play the music on my USB which has few folder to store different type of music. Is it any code to make the player can be go to next folder to play after the last music have been played on one folder? I choose play music one by one.

My English is poor and hope you can understand what I mean

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #341
777kenny
Rep
Drives: X1(F48) sDrive20i

I have coded a couple of things successfully.

I wonder if it is possible to code for the info displayed on the HUD to duplicate on the Instrument Cluster. As it is now, once HUD is activated, info such as navigation or songs selection no longer display on the instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #342
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777kenny View Post
I have coded a couple of things successfully.

I wonder if it is possible to code for the info displayed on the HUD to duplicate on the Instrument Cluster. As it is now, once HUD is activated, info such as navigation or songs selection no longer display on the instrument cluster.
I recently found some G12/G30 parameters that might allow this; but, as far as I know, it cannot be done on other series.

Out of curiousity, why do you want the redundancy? Personally, except when starting car and checking fuel level, I never look at my dash.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #343
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Can the audible signal for "lock/unlock" be changed to only sound on lock (to remind you its locked) the load "chirp" on unlock is a pain when you're leaving late or real early in the am...if the car's outside, it's summer time and folks windows are open...rude!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #344
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitpilot View Post
Can the audible signal for "lock/unlock" be changed to only sound on lock (to remind you its locked) the load "chirp" on unlock is a pain when you're leaving late or real early in the am...if the car's outside, it's summer time and folks windows are open...rude!
You can adjust number of light blinks, individually. Not sure about alarm chirp.

You can adjust pitch and volume in FZD.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #345
777kenny
Rep
Drives: X1(F48) sDrive20i

Quote:
I recently found some G12/G30 parameters that might allow this; but, as far as I know, it cannot be done on other series.

Out of curiousity, why do you want the redundancy? Personally, except when starting car and checking fuel level, I never look at my dash.
Thanks for the info. I love the HUD..just thought of filling up the void on the instrument cluster that's all
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #346
Stockwell
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS, Golf GTI

Hi All, anybody aware the coding for "disable" the rear hatch "kick close" ?

We have the Canadian X1 and like the rear hatch kick-open function a lot, BUT when u stand under the open hatch, very often will trigger the rear hatch to auto-close ! U only have 2 seconds right after u heard the 2 beep or u going to hit by the come down hatch.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #347
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockwell View Post
Hi All, anybody aware the coding for "disable" the rear hatch "kick close" ?

We have the Canadian X1 and like the rear hatch kick-open function a lot, BUT when u stand under the open hatch, very often will trigger the rear hatch to auto-close ! U only have 2 seconds right after u heard the 2 beep or u going to hit by the come down hatch.
BDC_BODY: VAM_ENABLE_SMART_CLOSE?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 08:34 AM   #348
Shubha29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Ambient Light Settings

Is there a way to code the ambient light to include the blue colour as present in X3 and X5 apart from white and red ??
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #349
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubha29 View Post
Is there a way to code the ambient light to include the blue colour as present in X3 and X5 apart from white and red ??
Unless you have blue from factory, you cannot add/change colors.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #350
Ant802
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 16 X1 20D M Sport Auto Estoril

Hi guys,

Just wondering for some advice please. I have previously a year ago successfully coded several things into my X1. Unfortunately I was in a none fault accident and the vehicle had to go into a BMW approved body shop for some repairs, I've collected it today and it appears they've reset the computer so everything is to how the factory was and my coding has been wiped.

I'm starting from square one again, I can't remember a thing I did last time so opened up the guides and started from fresh. Connected the wires, opened E-SYS from the "E-Sys Launcher Premium" link. F048 already selected. Connected to F056 (not direct). Read. Activate FA. Read ECU. Then I begin looking for CAFD_000017BE_042_010_166 under BDC_BODY. I can't find it (?) so right click on the CAFD present under BDC_BODY and attempt to read coding data at which point I get the following error.

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codierdaten lesen

BDC_BODY [40] [5E63334]
readCPS o.k.
CAFD_000017BE_052_010_242 Fehler:
File for "cafd_000017be-052_010_242" not found! [C012]

I assume I am doing something here completely wrong. Last time I did it without a doddle, now I'm struggling significantly.

Any help would be really appreciated. Very frustrated right now!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #351
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant802 View Post
I assume I am doing something here completely wrong. Last time I did it without a doddle, now I'm struggling significantly.

Any help would be really appreciated. Very frustrated right now!
Update PSdZ. PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #352
hongkongloftus
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

Hi

Can I code to show the gear number for driving in D position (D1, D2....) on idrive CID or instrument cluster?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0