BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Driver side mirror reverse issue

08-27-2023, 09:20 PM   #1
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Driver side mirror reverse issue

Hi everyone, I’ve had my F48 2019 X1 for 8 months. I’ve noticed this ongoing issue where every once in maybe 10-20 reverses the driver mirror will point down and stay stuck down. I’ll have to use the mirror button to put the mirror back up while in drive. The driver mirror shouldn’t even move in reverse, only passenger. I’ve updated all software in the car, and still happens. Anyone else have this same issue and know what the issue is? Unfortunately the car is out of warranty now.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 10:15 PM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

have you moved the button that controls the mirror adjustment to the right like youre going to adjust the passenger’s side? if it’s on the left (like you’re going to adjust the driver’s side), when you go in reverse, it auto points the mirror down. it should automatically go back up when you switch to drive.

if you set the mirror adjustment button to the right, it should not move the mirror down when you go in reverse.

this is for US x1. I think the UK would just be flipped since driver is on right.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #3
kulfon48
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 LCI Sportline 280Hp

if you have electric seats with memory function make sure you are using just one key. i had a similiar problem with passenger's side mirror and the solution was to set the desired settings for the seats,memorize them and use only the key that was used during the whole setting process.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 01:09 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulfon48 View Post
if you have electric seats with memory function make sure you are using just one key. i had a similiar problem with passenger's side mirror and the solution was to set the desired settings for the seats,memorize them and use only the key that was used during the whole setting process.
Yes, only using 1 key. This is driver side mirror, passenger moves down fine and reverts to original position when I’m in drive. Driver side however should not move down in reverse and that’s what’s happening and getting stuck down in the reverse position m
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 06:23 PM   #5
saphirschwarz.f48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F48 X1 sDrive

Mine did something similar too, although it happened overnight. The evening before it would be fine, the next morning the mirrors would all be in odd positions that I’d need to readjust them. Oddly enough one side mirror wouldn’t even fold in occasionally, so when I had the car in the previous time I asked them to check out the problem. They recalibrated the software and it worked fine for a while till one mirror didn’t fold in at all again (although it would magically fold in the next time I lock the car )… But the adjustment problem has seem to gone away for now at least.
Appreciate 0