BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Recall: ABS Tell-tale

02-09-2022, 09:09 PM   #1
chelsea63
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series x228i

Recall: ABS Tell-tale

Received notice for this recall in the mail today.
What it says "the tell-tale (warning light) for the ABS doesnt light up in the instrument cluster when you start the vehicle".
Its a "Canadian requirement" so dont know if this affects US models.
A "software update is required to correct this situation"

Question I have, will this software update reset settings I've made using bimmercode back to the default settings ?
Not a big deal to re-do , just curious if it will.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 06:15 AM   #2
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
Depends on what they do. I have software updates that wiped out my coding. Routine stuff including replacing the sos battery and reinitializing did not. I find the couple of times this happened I tended to code less. Stuff that really wasn't crucial I left off like turning off the volume display when turning adjusting or turning off the radio I let it show. I also left I the fake sound. Added other stuff like rear DRLs.

If you have done it yet check out the coding thread here, great ideas and advice
Good luck, stay safe
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2022, 09:32 AM   #3
chelsea63
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounderman View Post
Depends on what they do. I have software updates that wiped out my coding. Routine stuff including replacing the sos battery and reinitializing did not. I find the couple of times this happened I tended to code less. Stuff that really wasn't crucial I left off like turning off the volume display when turning adjusting or turning off the radio I let it show. I also left I the fake sound. Added other stuff like rear DRLs.

If you have done it yet check out the coding thread here, great ideas and advice
Good luck, stay safe
Thanks, I did visit the coding thread a while back and done just some basic coding. I'll probably get the Recall done next week and I post what happens. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 11:38 PM   #4
chelsea63
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

well had the recall done today and yes everything thing was wiped out. From driver profile, memory seats, carplay, all radio settings etc etc. And before you ask, no i didnt save my profile to a usb Grrrr...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
oops, your SA should have reminded you. I keep a USB n the car just for that. hopefully this is the worst thing that will happen to you in 2022

Now you get to tweak everything again. I do tend to make adjustments pretty regularly on my seat. My body must be changing more rapidly as I age
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2022, 08:43 PM   #6
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

I did not see your post before. I had mine done on Feb 11.
Everything was wiped out. I had to redo all the changes with Bimmercode.

I got the call from the dealership before getting the letter in the mail. So I took the appointment. It's not really useful as recall for those with Bimmercode changes.

Just for a light to come up at start to be able to know the light is working, it doesn't worth the 2 hours waiting and to redo your coding.
Knowing that, I would wait for my next maintenance instead.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 01:56 PM   #7
chelsea63
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounderman View Post
oops, your SA should have reminded you. I keep a USB n the car just for that. hopefully this is the worst thing that will happen to you in 2022

Thanks !!

Now you get to tweak everything again. I do tend to make adjustments pretty regularly on my seat. My body must be changing more rapidly as I age
Me too in the seat adjustments My one pet peeve though is the memory buttons location. Can never get it correct without having to look down at it, which isnt good whilst driving !!
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #8
chelsea63
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnguyen View Post
I did not see your post before. I had mine done on Feb 11.
Everything was wiped out. I had to redo all the changes with Bimmercode.

I got the call from the dealership before getting the letter in the mail. So I took the appointment. It's not really useful as recall for those with Bimmercode changes.

Just for a light to come up at start to be able to know the light is working, it doesn't worth the 2 hours waiting and to redo your coding.
Knowing that, I would wait for my next maintenance instead.
Yes, in hindsight I could have left it to at least the Spring. I might get round to redoing my bimmercode changes this weekend, if we dont get more snow !!
Appreciate 0