BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

12-10-2021, 11:26 PM   #12277
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Welp, my Soldiers date night was a half success. He invited her to our Friday grill out which went ok (we were nice), but they cut their dance night short because no one else was dancing and they were too embarrassed to go out there by themselves, so he was back by 7:45pm. We all told him he should have found something else to do, brought her to the grill out back for games or something

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25113.50
King Rudi13154.00
      12-11-2021, 01:43 AM   #12278
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Welp, my Soldiers date night was a half success. He invited her to our Friday grill out which went ok (we were nice), but they cut their dance night short because no one else was dancing and they were too embarrassed to go out there by themselves, so he was back by 7:45pm. We all told him he should have found something else to do, brought her to the grill out back for games or something
He's really kind of a shy guy isn't he?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 02:24 AM   #12279
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
He's really kind of a shy guy isn't he?
Oh man, you have no idea He is just clueless. No game, doesn't know what to say, doesn't pick up on flirting or know how to flirt himself. I've had to point out signs that a girl is flirting and he was completely lost. He has very little confidence because he compares himself to everyone else and is still stuck in that "I don't measure up" stage. I was once the same way but grew out of it as I got older, an he is getting better and slowly getting more relaxed and care free.

It's not even just with girls though. He is a twin and the two never really went out and played with others while growing up, so his social skills are lacking. Once he knows you he opens up and has a lot of personality, but if he doesn't know someone he will make all attempts to avoid talking to them. He has gotten a lot better though. I've had to throw him in with the sharks a few times to get him past his fear of swimming, and he comes out realizing that he is capable of so much more.

Good thing is I got him hooked up with a great job on post back home, which is not only going grow his career skills, but also social skills because he will be working with a lot of great leaders. And he will be living close to me so I can get him out doing these things he has mentioned he wants to do but has never had the courage to try.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25113.50
King Rudi13154.00
      12-11-2021, 01:26 PM   #12280
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Anyone else that’s not single envious of dating but then the minute they remember back to dating they think fuck that I’m glad I never have to worry about “trying” to get some on the weekend bc I already know I am not going to get some bc I’m married?

Serious but not serious
My ex and I would have this conversation regularly, since both of us had mostly all single friends and we'd hear all the bullshit. Maybe I struck an odd one out last night but I genuinely missed the thrill of meeting someone new and learning them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Oh man, you have no idea He is just clueless. No game, doesn't know what to say, doesn't pick up on flirting or know how to flirt himself. I've had to point out signs that a girl is flirting and he was completely lost. He has very little confidence because he compares himself to everyone else and is still stuck in that "I don't measure up" stage. I was once the same way but grew out of it as I got older, an he is getting better and slowly getting more relaxed and care free.

It's not even just with girls though. He is a twin and the two never really went out and played with others while growing up, so his social skills are lacking. Once he knows you he opens up and has a lot of personality, but if he doesn't know someone he will make all attempts to avoid talking to them. He has gotten a lot better though. I've had to throw him in with the sharks a few times to get him past his fear of swimming, and he comes out realizing that he is capable of so much more.

Good thing is I got him hooked up with a great job on post back home, which is not only going grow his career skills, but also social skills because he will be working with a lot of great leaders. And he will be living close to me so I can get him out doing these things he has mentioned he wants to do but has never had the courage to try.
Man, don't worry! I was a total nerd until college when I decided women were more interesting than nerd shit. I still enjoy nerd shit because it's fun but I totally get the cluelessness.

I'm obvi no expert but I'm also thinking the whole pandemic/sit at home stuff probably isnt treating kids great either. I think you're doing great in kinda pointing him in a more social direction; I know for myself I def "fell down" many times to be able to get where I'm at.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #12281
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Date last night was a wonderful success!

Met up 6.30p at a sushi spot a few blocks from me, went way beyond their 2h limit and got thrown the bill at 9.30p. Went back to mine and we talked the entire night! Went to sleep at ~3am. No sex, but I'm seeing her in a few days; she said it was shark week. Dropped her off at her place at 10am, made plans to meet up next Thursday.

She broke up with her ex back in October, so a few weeks before I broke up with my ex. I don't think I was her first date since but I'm pretty sure I was one of the best since she couldn't stop complimenting me. Overall cool girl, will keep you guys posted. This "first date" could've gone many wrong ways but I'd say it was a solid night!
Appreciate 7
rebekahb3132.50
Buug95917412.50
Dang3r12512.00
vreihen1615280.00
Sara5791.00
Mein11422.00
King Rudi13154.00
      12-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #12282
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

It's been a while since I've posted in here. Update: The girlfriend and I talked the latter part of Thanksgiving week and have decided to make another go of it. This is definitely one of the oddest relationships that I have been in, but it seems that each time that we run into issues, they get resolved. the get resolved the hard way, but they get resolved. Things have definitely got back to how they were before, and honestly better than they were.

Story time: Yesterday I go to the car wash. After running the car through the wash, I pull back in to the parking lot to dry it off. As I'm drying the car off, I look up and see an extremely attractive blonde using the tire brush to scrub dirt off her 300. It's funny to me what people do with those tire brushes, but whatever; she's hot. I notice her checking me out several times, then I look directly at her, just before she does the thing we do where we don't want the other person to notice we are looking. I pay it no mind and continue to clean the car. She drives through the wash, and of all the open parking spots for her to pull in, she parked in the one directly next to me. She knew what she was doing. Blonde hair, parted down the middle and French braided back to pony tails on each side, big glasses, hoodie and yoga pants. Gets out of her car and starts vacuuming hers on the side that I'm parked, intentionally putting herself in my way. I asked if I would be in her way, while I finished cleaning my wheels and 15 minutes later I knew her name, where she is from, where she works and she gave me her business card. The funnier thing is that I recall saying 3 things, "Will I be in your way here?", "Are you really listening to Nelly?" and my name and occupation when she asked. Every bit of info she gave was completely unwarranted. As much as it made me smile, and as much as 30 year old me would be kicking my ass right now; I threw her card in the trash. I have a girlfriend and that's just added stress and drama I don't need. It was the camouflage cargo pants. I kid you not. Women talk about how they hate camo and they hate cargo pants, but every damn time I wear these pants.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

Met up 6.30p at a sushi spot a few blocks from me, went way beyond their 2h limit and got thrown the bill at 9.30p. Went back to mine and we talked the entire night! Went to sleep at ~3am. No sex, but I'm seeing her in a few days; she said it was shark week. Dropped her off at her place at 10am, made plans to meet up next Thursday.

She broke up with her ex back in October, so a few weeks before I broke up with my ex. I don't think I was her first date since but I'm pretty sure I was one of the best since she couldn't stop complimenting me. Overall cool girl, will keep you guys posted. This "first date" could've gone many wrong ways but I'd say it was a solid night!
Well done Pickle!
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4490.50
      12-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #12283
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

@King Rudi I'm not even sure what to say but do have thoughts and you didn't ask for advice so I will keep my trap shut I hope things stay good.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #12284
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
It's been a while since I've posted in here. Update: The girlfriend and I talked the latter part of Thanksgiving week and have decided to make another go of it. This is definitely one of the oddest relationships that I have been in, but it seems that each time that we run into issues, they get resolved. the get resolved the hard way, but they get resolved. Things have definitely got back to how they were before, and honestly better than they were.

Story time: Yesterday I go to the car wash. After running the car through the wash, I pull back in to the parking lot to dry it off. As I'm drying the car off, I look up and see an extremely attractive blonde using the tire brush to scrub dirt off her 300. It's funny to me what people do with those tire brushes, but whatever; she's hot. I notice her checking me out several times, then I look directly at her, just before she does the thing we do where we don't want the other person to notice we are looking. I pay it no mind and continue to clean the car. She drives through the wash, and of all the open parking spots for her to pull in, she parked in the one directly next to me. She knew what she was doing. Blonde hair, parted down the middle and French braided back to pony tails on each side, big glasses, hoodie and yoga pants. Gets out of her car and starts vacuuming hers on the side that I'm parked, intentionally putting herself in my way. I asked if I would be in her way, while I finished cleaning my wheels and 15 minutes later I knew her name, where she is from, where she works and she gave me her business card. The funnier thing is that I recall saying 3 things, "Will I be in your way here?", "Are you really listening to Nelly?" and my name and occupation when she asked. Every bit of info she gave was completely unwarranted. As much as it made me smile, and as much as 30 year old me would be kicking my ass right now; I threw her card in the trash. I have a girlfriend and that's just added stress and drama I don't need. It was the camouflage cargo pants. I kid you not. Women talk about how they hate camo and they hate cargo pants, but every damn time I wear these pants.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

Well done Pickle!
I knew you would be back together. And I'm glad you did. I'm also glad you went about it the right way by not bashing her here, as there's always a possibility of reconciliation.
Also appreciate no one came to bash her.

Having been in your shoes more than once, I can fully appreciate the thought of trying to make it work while there's love.

And you always learn something from the mistakes both make, and hopefully you two are able to make new mistakes and repeat none of the previous ones!

Still rooting for you two. Try to be light and not overthink or dwell on the past. Hope she can too. Life is full of baggage and sometimes the weight is too much to handle.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      12-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #12285
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
I knew you would be back together. And I'm glad you did. I'm also glad you went about it the right way by not bashing her here, as there's always a possibility of reconciliation.
Also appreciate no one came to bash her.

Having been in your shoes more than once, I can fully appreciate the thought of trying to make it work while there's love.

And you always learn something from the mistakes both make, and hopefully you two are able to make new mistakes and repeat none of the previous ones!

Still rooting for you two. Try to be light and not overthink or dwell on the past. Hope she can too. Life is full of baggage and sometimes the weight is too much to handle.
Appreciate that good sir. After spending a week away from each other, neither of us were doing well at moving on. We were both contacting each other to make sure the other was as ok as we could be. Both of us still answered the phone when the other called and replied to texts. We have both had our issues with the other, but nothing so bad that it couldn't be resolved. Both of us are completely capable of living without the other and the relationship isn't toxic to the point where it's damaging for either of us to be here. We just need to get better at the communication and resolution aspect. As with most things, the issues that we encounter make us focus on those aspects more and hopefully get better at executing them.

Thank you for the kind words sir.
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      12-13-2021, 11:49 AM   #12286
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

She's volatile and you are short on patience with drama.
Appreciate 3
      12-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #12287
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
It was the camouflage cargo pants. I kid you not. Women talk about how they hate camo and they hate cargo pants, but every damn time I wear these pants.....
You do realize as you make this claim (about pants) that the last poster to make a similar claim (among others) was ostracized and now banned?
      12-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #12288
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You aren't wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
You do realize as you make this claim (about pants) that the last poster to make a similar claim (among others) was ostracized and now banned?
I thought about that as I posted it. It's just funny to me that women complain about cargos and camo, combine them both and BAM! They're defenseless.

In my defense, I'm not a self-absorbed, asshole that feels the need to brag about my very existence.
Appreciate 2
Sara5791.00
antgenn319.00
      12-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #12289
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
This.

Honestly the back and forth of ending it and getting back together would be exhausting.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #12290
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sedan_Clan Does your agency allow trades? Maybe someone else REALLY wants NYE, and you can swap for Christmas with HA?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      12-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #12291
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
I thought about that as I posted it. It's just funny to me that women complain about cargos and camo, combine them both and BAM! They're defenseless.
They're just jealous because of all the pockets. I'm sure if someone made women's cargo pants they'd become quite popular. Where is Derelicte? This could be a million dollar idea.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Sara5791.00
      12-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #12292
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
They're just jealous because of all the pockets. I'm sure if someone made women's cargo pants they'd become quite popular. Where is Derelicte? This could be a million dollar idea.
Please no. We already have to dig around in purses to find things. Can you imagine your wife or GF asking you to reach deep into the cargo pants to look for their anything?

I don't even use the pockets on cargo's. What's worse, having them and not utilizing or needing them and judging others for wearing them? They don't hate the pockets, they hate the practicality.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #12293
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sedan_Clan Does your agency allow trades? Maybe someone else REALLY wants NYE, and you can swap for Christmas with HA?
We can do shift swaps, but the people who were given Christmas Eve or Christmas Day off really wanted those days, so they aren't going to give them up. I plan to head down to her place after I get off work at 2200 hours on Christmas Eve. We'll open gifts Christmas morning and have breakfast, and then I'll head to work from her place.

On a side note, I ordered a dozen red/white roses to be delivered to her law office tomorrow. I normally buy her flowers and have them ready in a vase when she arrives home from work, but since I didn't spend my days off at her place this week, I went the 1-800-Flowers.com route. It still sucks to have hit that minor speed bump - and I'm still admittedly a little down about it - but I know it'll pass and things will resume back to normal. We are seeing the Shen Yun play on the 28th with her two sons, so that should be a fun event.

King Rudi my good man. It's nice to read that you and the lady are working things through. It makes me happy and I'm wishing you two the best.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-13-2021, 01:46 PM   #12294
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Please no. We already have to dig around in purses to find things. Can you imagine your wife or GF asking you to reach deep into the cargo pants to look for their anything?
I wouldn't mind. I'll happily frisk a woman in cargo pants!
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
UncleWede18028.00
Sara5791.00
      12-13-2021, 01:50 PM   #12295
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post

King Rudi my good man. It's nice to read that you and the lady are working things through. It makes me happy and I'm wishing you two the best.
Thank you sir. It's easy to walk away, making a genuine effort requires work. Same to you and yours sir.
Appreciate 2
      12-13-2021, 08:00 PM   #12296
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:

I don't even use the pockets on cargo's. What's worse, having them and not utilizing or needing them and judging others for wearing them? They don't hate the pockets, they hate the practicality.
Objection!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-13-2021, 08:22 PM   #12297
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Quote:

Objection!
Overruled
      12-13-2021, 08:28 PM   #12298
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Overruled
Injustice
Appreciate 2