E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW = Ricer car?

Closed Thread

06-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #67
jbr5049
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i w/x 6MT M-SPort

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
id say the spoiler wouldn't necessarily be to too distasteful, just PLEASE dont but M badges on it....
M badges should be installed by the factory, and by no one else.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #68
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt_328xi View Post
??? I think the m3 spoiler looks great on a E92.
The problem is you seem to just do things based on what you like. What you should do is consider how other people view it and seek their approval.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #69
jbr5049
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i w/x 6MT M-SPort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
The problem is you seem to just do things based on what you like. What you should do is consider how other people view it and seek their approval.
Agreed, always give in to peer pressure and do whatever your friends think is best. You should always disregard your own opinions and ideas, as they will only make you stand out some how, thus alienating you for life. If you do indeed deviate from what your peers tell you to do, you will end up alone, sad, and contract a horrible case of syphilis...

You have all been warned!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #70
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

as Booker T. would have said:

"Don't hate da playa; hate da game!"
      06-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #71
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Jesus 4 pages since this morning..

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #72
py335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihink View Post
I was speaking to people who have to eat Ramen noodles for every meal, live in an apartment but yet need/must have to drive a late model BMW or other luxury cars. You live in NoVa...this is commonplace particularly around Fairfax/Loudon/Montgomery counties...

All I am saying is people have to get their priorities right. You are investing $$$ into a depreciating asset and don't have a decent place to call your own.
Doesn't make sense to me at all...but to each his own.
The MUST HAVE IT NOW even though I can't afford it mentality is the reason we are in this damn economic downward spiral right now.
i agree with you mihink. there are definitely some people out there who need to get some things straightened up in their minds but not everyone is like that, which was the point i was trying to make. I live in fairfax county but i honestly havent seen a lot of this though? me and you probably have the same priorities but unfortunately some others priorities will always be different and will be content with an apartment while driving a nice bimmer. but like you said to each his own!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #73
py335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
Why would you put an m3 spoiler on a 328xi? I might have done the same thing when I was your age but was fortunate enough to have older role models that kept me from being foolish. DO NOT PUT AN M3 SPOILER ON YOUR CAR. You will thank me later!
whats so 'foolish' to you about it BzzzBom? i think it looks good
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #74
py335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr5049 View Post
This isn't my car, but its an e92 with a spoiler... I think it looks amazing, and I have no idea what you are talking about.
im with you man i think it looks great
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #75
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
Actually all ricer cars look like crap and that's the reason why the majority of people hate the looks. It doesn't matter what the brand is, if you rice it, it looks like a POS. Those who don't know the diff between crap, style or performance should educate themselves. Why turn a perfectly good car into a POS because you have no clue?

The reason many people care is because the ricer abortion is offensive to the senses of most people. One look is enough to make anyone puke even if you don't know anything about cars. If you wouldn't dump sewage in the streets, you shouldn't put a rice box on the streets either.

Thankfully the majority of people do NOT go thru the ricer stage. Those who do should seek professional help IMO.
Then you're being judgmental based primarily on a socio-economic status. By the way, I don't like the way you dress, therefore you should educate yourself. Who let you wear that funky stupid shirt, it hurts my eyes and is offensive to my senses. I'm sure you do many things that other people probably think are offensive.

Look we all know that the Ricer look is pretty silly (to you and me) but so what? And that, to me, is the bigger issue. Why do you care what other people do with their possessions? Why do you care if people have bad taste? Is it physically harming you? No, you don't dump sewage on the road because that is physically dangerous to everyone's health.

You're being elitist. And a world where you determine what looks good or not isn't a free society. It's an autocracy. And I personally would rather live in a world with personal liberties even if that means having ugly cars on the road. It part of the price we pay.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #76
e90David335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport, 1990 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Then you're being judgmental based primarily on a socio-economic status. By the way, I don't like the way you dress, therefore you should educate yourself. Who let you wear that funky stupid shirt, it hurts my eyes and is offensive to my senses. I'm sure you do many things that other people probably think are offensive.

Look we all know that the Ricer look is pretty silly (to you and me) but so what? And that, to me, is the bigger issue. Why do you care what other people do with their possessions? Why do you care if people have bad taste? Is it physically harming you? No, you don't dump sewage on the road because that is physically dangerous to everyone's health.

You're being elitist. And a world where you determine what looks good or not isn't a free society. It's an autocracy. And I personally would rather live in a world with personal liberties even if that means having ugly cars on the road. It part of the price we pay.
Indeed you are correct sir.
      06-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #77
jacky822
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDiCandido View Post
+1

Moders all seem to think that THEIR Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements are “tasteful” though...

Is this the “lime green, 5,000 watt stereo blasting, gang-banger, pieces of shi*” you were describing?
thats something i would def. race with lol....

eventho my dad is 44.. he raced with a Continental with his s63 amg lol

just do whatever you want and enjoy your life... life is short
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #78
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I think there are those that are maybe 30+ now on here that didn't go through the ricer phase cause it wasn't around when we were growing up. And if it was, the kids that were doing it would have gotten beaten up (not necessarily physically, lol). Back then, what you did to your car was highly criticized so you didn't dare do stupid shit. So when we see it now, we just think WTF is wrong with these kids. But personally, I think it's funny. Thank God for ricers so we can laugh. And BTW, a ricer is defined I think more by what he says that what his car looks like. If a guy has a car that is riced out in your opinion, but it is respectfully fast (i.e. runs 13's and won't blow up), then I say cool.

I grew up loving Camaros, firebirds, T/A's and owned 6 of them. Owning anything with less than 8 cylinders wasn't worth mentioning. During the years I was driving these cars, I lived on those forums. To us, like I said, anything with less than 8 was shit. But over time, these cars with 4 or 6 cylinders got faster. Gas prices go up and you realize that you may have to think about that. And as you get older you get more and more to where you want something more refined all around. So when you finally get enough money to buy a BMW..a car that you think most others won't own (cause they didn't a few years ago), they're everywhere. And now you are seeing kids getting them and some are going crazy.

The fact is that it's easy to let it piss you off. I say relax and just accept it and enjoy it. You have to admit that some part of you likes it a little.....sometimes I see things people do to their cars and if I'm in a bad mood, I'm thinking what a retard....but if I'm in a good mood, I just laugh or try to look at it objectively....

As far as education...I don't see what that has to do with what car you buy....a kid could get a decent job....be frugal and save like 10-20K in a year if he/she really wanted too..and then go get a used BMW easily....nowadays
      06-14-2010, 04:33 AM   #79
BzzzBom
Major
Rep
Drives: 05 R53 MINI / 09 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by py335 View Post
whats so 'foolish' to you about it BzzzBom? i think it looks good
It does look good.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #80
BzzzBom
Major
Rep
Drives: 05 R53 MINI / 09 335i Coupe

Quote:

I agree but I would hate to live life in a John Waters film. We are talking about visual pollution.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #81
XJS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
I apologize but I have know idea what you are talking about. Are you saying to go to the non average atmosphere to meet your own man? Please translate.
Ah, this reminds me of my most favorite quote ever:

<asr> 'fo sheezy.
<Sabboth> what the f-ck does that mean in english? you should
understand that having a day job precludes me from 'keeping it real'
and as such, I lack a certain familiarity with the language of the
'streets' as it were.

(bash.org)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #82
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

add some to your comment.
my .02

06-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #83
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Haha I just read thru the 4 pages and I now find, more than ever, that the members here (and subsequently posting on this thread) have exemplified a tremendous level of maturity, thoughtuflly and respectfully composed replies, and above all else, tact. It would have been so easy to blast BzzBoom with "Shut the fuck up dude, go back to the nursing home" or a number of outrageous responses, but that didnt happen.

One can tell the replies in this thread are composed by educated, mature and respectful people...

Kudos for that
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #84
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

+1

As mentioned in other replies, customizing your vehicle is way to set yourself apart from the masses. I personally customize my car to be different. I do understand people have a right to their own opinions and may judge the way my car looks.

But I've also seen several much higher end cars customize for looks, sound, and performance such as Porsches, Lambos, and Ferraris. People are customizing cars regardless of price.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #85
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Yeah people do dumb shit to their own stuff all the time.

Honestly, if you let it get to you that deeply, you've got bigger issues....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #86
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:

This is an awesome response. Agree 100%. There are way too many people who view themselves and their aesthetic tastes higher than others simply because it is not pleasing to them. Seriously, who gives a shit about what someone thinks regarding something else that has NOTHING to do with them? Real talk.

Of course with all that said there are some things that I see on the road which I may not find the most attractive. But that's life. You need to get over it.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #87
Thud
Throbbing Member
Rep
Drives:

Kids have been ricing their cars for decades. It just wasn't called "rice."

The kids that were doing it back in the 60's are all grown up now, and many of them are still doing it. Let's see... appearance mods, funky paint schemes, engine upgrades, yep... those used to be called "Hot Rods."
2008 BMW 135i / 6MT
2002 Z06 Corvette
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #88
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
People are free to rice their cars all they want and observers of rice/lice are free to criticize the ricer look. That's what's great about America. Rice all you want but expect others to tell you how foolish the rice look looks... because it really does. If you're gonna rice you should at least hand out barf-bags to pedestrians.

No one needs to get over anything. People have as much right to dislike rice as others have to like rice and freedom of speech allows all to state their views on rice/lice.
What you have stated is totally subjective. I agree that it goes both ways, but in a society where free speech is allowed, there are also consequences for voicing your opinions on what another believes to be totally fine. If you kept your mouth shut when you saw something disgusting instead of pointing it out all of the time, then I'm pretty sure a certain degree of dislike would mount. Some are just more vocal than others. But there is no reason for this:

Quote:
Actually all ricer cars look like crap and that's the reason why the majority of people hate the looks. It doesn't matter what the brand is, if you rice it, it looks like a POS. Those who don't know the diff between crap, style or performance should educate themselves. Why turn a perfectly good car into a POS because you have no clue?
Subjective, once again. Why does your opinion even matter? Seriously? How do you know they have no clue? Because it doesn't look good to you? Please.

Quote:
The reason many people care is because the ricer abortion is offensive to the senses of most people. One look is enough to make anyone puke even if you don't know anything about cars. If you wouldn't dump sewage in the streets, you shouldn't put a rice box on the streets either.
This makes absolutely no sense.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread