BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) xdrive 28i vs Racechip GTS

09-16-2024, 04:00 AM   #1
stefdeath
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48

xdrive 28i vs Racechip GTS

Hi. I've been thinking about installing Racechip GTS for my '18 28i xdrive.
Do any of you use this thing ? I'm curious to see how this affects fuel consumption, performance etc ?
How Aisin gearbox handles the extra power and torque ?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2024, 07:54 PM   #2
alex2112
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 M-Sport

I had the Racechip GTS on my X1 xDrive28i for a while. The power delivery was extremely smooth. At low RPM's and light amounts of throttle, such as when driving casually, it was almost unnoticeable. It would become very noticeable however at higher RPM and when giving it lots of throttle.

I've also tried a Dinantronics Sport and a JB+ tune. The Racechip differed from those in the way it delivers the power. You can really feel that the Dinantronics and the JB+ add a set amount of boost in all situations, whereas the Racechip gives more power the more you push the car.

I suspect this is due to the Racechip being a more sophisticated tune versus the others. It plugs into two sensors in the engine bay instead of one. I would recommend it. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0