BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Use address from Messages

08-13-2024, 04:29 PM   #1
pavelcheto
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48

Use address from Messages

Hello,

I am using the My BMW app on my phone and I successfully send addresses to my car. I can see them in Connected Drive/Messages. But I don't see how to use the address. I watched YouTube videos how to use it and in the videos people have an icon with a flag on the left. I don't have it. I just have the two books at top and bottom. What am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2024, 04:58 PM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelcheto View Post
Hello,

I am using the My BMW app on my phone and I successfully send addresses to my car. I can see them in Connected Drive/Messages. But I don't see how to use the address. I watched YouTube videos how to use it and in the videos people have an icon with a flag on the left. I don't have it. I just have the two books at top and bottom. What am I doing wrong?
You should tap message (select message) on the touch screen and it should then automatically take you into nav menu to confirm route options. The sent route message should also appear on screen when you first start vehicle. If you still have problems then post some screenshots of what you are seeing. Also welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2024, 02:47 PM   #3
pavelcheto
Registered
Rep

I don't know what to press. I can only go to next/previous message.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2024, 01:52 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelcheto View Post
... I just have the two books at top and bottom. What am I doing wrong?
You have more than just the two books...you also have the prompt to check the OPTION button (one of the dedicated buttons around the iDrive controller knob). When you see the "OPT" icon on the screen (see red arrows)...it means you have additional selections if you press the OPTION button.

If nothing else, the OPTION button will give you a prompt to select the info (on the topic at hand) in the owners manual that is embedded in iDrive...and if you press downward on the iDrive controller when you have the "book" highlighted as in your pic...that probably takes you to the owners manual, too.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2024, 09:05 AM   #5
pavelcheto
Registered
Rep

Clicking on the books does nothing, I tried both. Clicking the OPTIONS button opens another menu but there is no option to use the address.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2024, 01:50 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Save the contact in vehicle..should put the address you sent from the phone into your contact list. Once in your contact list, you should be able to navigate to that address. Did you try the prompt to save the contact?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0