BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Remote start

01-31-2021, 02:39 PM   #1
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 xDrive Premium

Remote start

Anyone install a remote start on their X1? I hate that this wasn't an option, my last 3 cars had them as standard equipment.

Living in NYC during the winter is brutal. I like walking into a warm car when its freezing cold, especially first thing in the morning.

What particular brand? Prices? Suggestions?

Tks in advance....
2020 x1 xDrive : Black Sapphire Metallic : Premium Package : Fine Wood Fineline Trim : Sport Seats : Wireless Charging : Trailer Hitch : WeatherTech Floor Lining, Cargo Mat, Bumper XL : Complete Blackout, Full Chrome Delete : BavSound Stage One Speaker & Ghost Subwoofer Upgrade : EuroStart Remote Engine Start : Heko Rain Guards
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

Your going to need to go aftermarket. Look up Eurostart. I believe there should be 2-3 authorized installers in your area. It's one of few plug and play harnesses. Pricey but worth it for Northeast winters.
      01-31-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

I’ll have a looksy....

Tks
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #4
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

WOW! Eurostart is $740 USD!! And that doesn't include installation! Pricey!
2020 x1 xDrive : Black Sapphire Metallic : Premium Package : Fine Wood Fineline Trim : Sport Seats : Wireless Charging : Trailer Hitch : WeatherTech Floor Lining, Cargo Mat, Bumper XL : Complete Blackout, Full Chrome Delete : BavSound Stage One Speaker & Ghost Subwoofer Upgrade : EuroStart Remote Engine Start : Heko Rain Guards
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #5
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

Just ordered the system, wallet took a nice hit! But these cold winter mornings in NYC are just too much...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 06:35 AM   #6
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

Soooooo finally have the EUROSTART remote start installed. So far, so good. But after spending close to $1700 USD, I question was it worth it....? If I had known going into it that it would cost this much, I'd probably wouldn't have done it, but now it's done.

We'll see if it was worth the money after some time....

The breakdown of cost:

$750 for the unit
$450 for the installation
$480 for new key fob

Optional upgrade is for remote drone/phone app.
$300 installed, plus $60 a year for subscription.
Allows for remote start from phone, from anywhere, even if you're "out of range".
Appreciate 1
Homersbud203.50
      02-11-2021, 07:28 AM   #7
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredro View Post
Soooooo finally have the EUROSTART remote start installed. So far, so good. But after spending close to $1700 USD, I question was it worth it....? If I had known going into it that it would cost this much, I'd probably wouldn't have done it, but now it's done.

We'll see if it was worth the money after some time....

The breakdown of cost:

$750 for the unit
$450 for the installation
$480 for new key fob

Optional upgrade is for remote drone/phone app.
$300 installed, plus $60 a year for subscription.
Allows for remote start from phone, from anywhere, even if you're "out of range".
Thanks for the info! I was looking into this as well (Chicago winters) but i'll have to pass after seeing the prices. Geeez.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 08:51 AM   #8
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

Yeah super pricey! You can save the $480 if you don't want a spare key fob. The installation required using one key fob to be mated with the unit. So now you only have one left. I like having a spare so I had to order another one from the bmw dealer.

Remote start came in handy this morning! NYC got another 4" of snow and was about 20 degrees when I left my house for work!
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #9
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

From my understanding they use the bmw oem connector which drives the cost up.. no cutting needed.

think you need to own the car for few years in frigid temperatures for it to be worth it.
      02-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #10
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

Well I just purchased the vehicle with extended warranty (100K miles), maintenance package, aftermarket upgraded sound system, and added remote start now, so I plan on keeping it for awhile. NYC is frigid every winter so hopefully I get my money's worth! NotSooFast Thanks for the original recommendation!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:14 PM   #11
ventjock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

My remote start was with Carlink and it cost around $1,200 2 years ago (no spare key). Was in Boston then and parked outside and now I’n in Milwaukee, but have a heated garage. Still so worth it. Have the carlink app and can start the car from anywhere as long as the car isn’t underground where it can’t get a signal.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #12
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventjock View Post
My remote start was with Carlink and it cost around $1,200 2 years ago (no spare key). Was in Boston then and parked outside and now I’n in Milwaukee, but have a heated garage. Still so worth it. Have the carlink app and can start the car from anywhere as long as the car isn’t underground where it can’t get a signal.
But you still have to subscribe annually for phone app?

Just on principle, I'm not paying for that. (Just me personally...)
Appreciate 1
BDJL4.50
      02-12-2021, 11:05 PM   #13
ventjock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredro View Post
But you still have to subscribe annually for phone app?

Just on principle, I'm not paying for that. (Just me personally...)
Yes $40/yr or $100 for 3yrs
Appreciate 0