BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Bimmercode Adventure

04-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #155
Takabo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xDrive Touring MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs2229 View Post
Hello Takabo,

The head unit and settings may be different depending on your options and depending on the market/country/region.

Here are the steps I used through iDrive on my X1:

Attachment 2033376

Attachment 2033377

Attachment 2033378

Attachment 2033379
Hello wcs2229 ,

Thank you for sharing the information.
I will refer to the photo with the writing of #136.
I think that it is the same from the image of the top menu.

I would like to challenge the setting of unlock. Thank you.

P. S.
The BIMMERCODE app has been translated into Japanese from today, and it is difficult to understand even Japanese native.
(How do you write English-speaking jokes?)
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-18-2019, 05:04 AM   #156
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
No connected services for us in Greece especially in older models with idrive 4.
Needs coding to have the office menu but then I am not sure if more than that can be done.
Anyway you really made me waiting with baited breath for your next project to "retrofit" the AutoHighBeam feature.
Are you sure that only the simple ActiveGuard camera is all that is needed in the existing spec of the car (ie before changing the lever and coding).
If so where did you find the lever and how can you install it?
Hi Iceman7
Here is my best guess at settings you need to change to enable office/email functions. All are in expert mode and please note you may not have all of them (some are options dependent on HU). Please note you will need to disconnect and reconnect phone and also make sure your phone “office connection” is ON and “phone notifications” is ON and notifications for text is ON. [in your phone settings menus]

Coding - please note I have not verified these and you will not have all of them. All are in expert mode. What is possible will depend on your car specification. I am told F48 without enhanced Bluetooth do not have a COMBOX and without COMBOX “office” activation is not possible. I cannot therefore advise on what functions it will actually be possible to activate! Perhaps limited functionality.

All these should be in HU . I would first search in expert mode for email, sms, office, contacts and make a list of everything you find and location. It would not hurt to also check in BDC Ecu and any other Ecu which might be relevant (you should not have separate BT or Comms boxes but make sure.
Finally here is my list ———>
You need to change setting from nicht to aktiv.
EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
REMINDERS_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
PIM_BON_EMAIL
PIM_NEW_ELEMENT_EMAIL
PIM_NEW_ELEMENT_SMS
PIM_HTML_EMAIL_BROWSER
PIM_NEW_ELEMENT_VOICE_EMAIL
MACRO_PIM
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS

You may need to experiment. I would start enabling all the EIN/AUS first. καλή τύχη

For anyone else reading this post please note that easiest and best way for owners with Entrynav2 HU and connected drive services, is go into connected drive and enable functions!

Last edited by MJE60; 04-22-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
iceman7117.00
      04-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #157
xlr8it
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 20d, SLK55AMG

My 2016 has High beam assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Hi Iceman7
My vehicle has the full KAFAS(2) camera which, combined with switch and coding, Should enable “high beam assist”. I am sorry, I sometimes forget that there are differences in specification between markets and also that many F48 owners have the earlier Entrynav HU and not Entrynav2 HU (which were introduced in 07/2017). I cannot 100% confirm that the earlier “activeguard” camera supports “high beam assist” but I am fairly sure that it does. I have read a number of posts elsewhere where owners were retrofitting “high beam assist” with “activeguard (which I think was name for KAFAS1). Perhaps there are owners with 2016 or early 2017 (up to June) F48 who can confirm they have “high beam assist” fitted.

I will research and try to find the coding necessary to enable the email/office function, I have seen it but cannot remember exactly where.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #158
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabo View Post
Hello wcs2229 ,

Thank you for sharing the information.
I will refer to the photo with the writing of #136.
I think that it is the same from the image of the top menu.

I would like to challenge the setting of unlock. Thank you.

P. S.
The BIMMERCODE app has been translated into Japanese from today, and it is difficult to understand even Japanese native.
(How do you write English-speaking jokes?)
I just went into Bimmercode and there is no more Front Electronic Module/Car Access System ecu. It seems it has been removed with a recent Coding Data download. Can anyone else confirm?

Name:  Screenshot_20190422-130455.png
Views: 2772
Size:  69.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #159
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
I just went into Bimmercode and there is no more Front Electronic Module/Car Access System ecu. It seems it has been removed with a recent Coding Data download. Can anyone else confirm?

Attachment 2037412
My BMW and most F48 have never had FEM it has BDC (body domain controller) which contains combined functions, ZGW, FEM, REM, SZL, IHKA, TCB, CAS, JBBF.
So FEM (front electronic module functions) are in BDC.

You may be confusing demo mode which shows Ecu from a number of different BMW models. In demo mode it shows FEM, REM etc but if you actually go into your F48 system and read the Ecu, you will not see them. Functions listed as being in FEM for other BMW models will, if available, be found in BDC.

Please also note Takabo has Japanese F48 which have different NBTevo HU from EU &US cars which have ENTRYNAV/ENTRYNAV2 HU, so some functions/descriptions will be different anyway.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-22-2019 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
iceman7117.00
      04-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #160
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My BMW and most F48 have never had FEM it has BDC (body domain controller) which contains combined functions, ZGW, FEM, REM, SZL, IHKA, TCB, CAS, JBBF.
So FEM (front electronic module functions) are in BDC.

You may be confusing demo mode which shows Ecu from a number of different BMW models. In demo mode it shows FEM, REM etc but if you actually go into your F48 system and read the Ecu, you will not see them. Functions listed as being in FEM for other BMW models will, if available, be found in BDC.

Please also note Takabo has Japanese F48 which have different NBTevo HU from EU &US cars which have ENTRYNAV/ENTRYNAV2 HU, so some functions/descriptions will be different anyway.
Hello MJE60,

I definitely had FEM previously as shown in my earlier post:

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=136

I will have to check if the locking setting is under BDC.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #161
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Hello MJE60,

I definitely had FEM previously as shown in my earlier post:

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=136

I will have to check if the locking setting is under BDC.
It is probably a labelling issue, the ECUs being read are labelled by the app, best example is Bimmercode labelling the HU_NBT which is incorrect as for most F48 the HU is actually HU_ENTRYNAV/ ENTRYNAV2. I expect your app was updated and labelling changed (labelling errors corrected). The fact is your car / F48 has a BDC it does not have FEM. Bimmercode is written to work for many models and the labels for F48 are in some cases incorrect.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-23-2019 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
iceman7117.00
      04-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #162
Takabo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xDrive Touring MSport

Hello.

I am on a business trip. We plan to unlock shared on the weekend when we go home.

The BIMMERCODE application has been translated into Japanese and has become difficult to understand. Attach the capture screen (F39 X2) before Japanese localization. Please refer to everyone.

Thank you very much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-23-2019, 03:42 AM   #163
iceman7
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI sDrive 18i

Quote:
It is probably a labelling issue, the ECUs being read are labelled by the app, best example is Bimmercode labelling the HU_NBT which is incorrect as the HU is actually HU_ENTRYNAV/ENTRYNAV2. I expect your app was updated and labelling changed (labelling errors corrected). The fact is your car / F48 has a BDC it does not have FEM. Bimmercode is written to work for many models and the labels for F48 are in some cases incorrect.
Ι also remember seeing FEM module long time ago! This has actually created some problems when I first had led bulbs installed since I was looking for the FEM module to code but in vain!
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #164
celo
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48, Audi A4 B8

Hi guys, nice to meet you all, I'm new the BMW communit. I recently bought an X1 F48 (made April 2016) and wanted to code some changes in the car's behavior (which was an interesting exercise for me as I've done a lot of coding for the past 10 years on VAG cars and was looking forward to see the possibilities that BMW offers in this regard). I won't bore you any longer with the details so I have a couple of questions that I was not able to find an answer to and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out:
Note: I've gone for the easy coding method using BimerCode.
  • Q1 : Car is equipped with 6UP Nav Plus AND I've tried to code IDrive 6 lite, yet when I navigate under HU_NBT - 3000 HMI, I cannot find any HMI_ID_VERSION param. (or similar), which makes me ask myself if I really have ID5 and not ID4( I could find any definite how-to to determine exact Idrive version but I believed it was an NBT ID5) ? Has anyone been able to change this in BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older?
  • Q2 : Car is equipped with Sport electric seats with memory (options 459 and 481) so I've tried to code Easy Entry , yet when navigating to module 3012 EAH I cannot find the parameters outlined in this coding post . Has anyone been able to code this using BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older? ..Trying to understand if this is a BC app limitation or a car limitation (I'm rooting for the 1st option)
  • Q3: : For those of you who have coded folding mirrors with Comfort locking, I have a question around timing. If I close my car from the key fob, the mirrors fold instantly, there is no need to long press the close button on the fob. If I try to close the car using Comfort locking, there is a slight delay, i.e. I have to leave my hand over the handle for about 1/2 second more or so to actually fold the mirrors even after setting the delay to 0. If I just tap the handle it closes the car...but the mirrors don't fold, I have to tap and hold for around a 1/2 - 1 second to get the mirrors folding. Are you guys seeing the same behavior?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #165
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by celo View Post
Hi guys, nice to meet you all, I'm new the BMW communit. I recently bought an X1 F48 (made April 2016) and wanted to code some changes in the car's behavior (which was an interesting exercise for me as I've done a lot of coding for the past 10 years on VAG cars and was looking forward to see the possibilities that BMW offers in this regard). I won't bore you any longer with the details so I have a couple of questions that I was not able to find an answer to and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out:
  • Q1 : Car is equipped with 6UP Nav Plus AND I've tried to code IDrive 6 lite, yet when I navigate under HU_NBT - 3000 HMI, I cannot find any HMI_ID_VERSION param. (or similar), which makes me ask myself if I really have ID5 and not ID4( I could find any definite how-to to determine exact Idrive version but I believed it was an NBT ID5) ? Has anyone been able to change this in BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older?
  • Q2 : Car is equipped with Sport electric seats with memory (options 459 and 481) so I've tried to code Easy Entry , yet when navigating to module 3012 EAH I cannot find the parameters outlined in this coding post . Has anyone been able to code this using BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older? ..Trying to understand if this is a BC app limitation or a car limitation (I'm rooting for the 1st option)
  • Q3: : For those of you who have coded folding mirrors with Comfort locking, I have a question around timing. If I close my car from the key fob, the mirrors fold instantly, there is no need to long press the close button on the fob. If I try to close the car using Comfort locking, there is a slight delay, i.e. I have to leave my hand over the handle for about 1/2 second more or so to actually fold the mirrors even after setting the delay to 0. If I just tap the handle it closes the car...but the mirrors don't fold, I have to tap and hold for around a 1/2 - 1 second to get the mirrors folding. Are you guys seeing the same behavior?
Hi
Welcome to the forum, quick answers to your questions;
1. Your car most likely has an Entrynav HU, in which case you will not be able to code software update without an fsc code which are not available (outside of BMW) for ENTRYNAV / ENTRYNAV2 the changeover date was approx 07/017 and coincided with updated hardware as well as software. Unfortunately Bimmercode incorrectly labels the HU as HU_NBT when it is not. Option 6UP is just “business navigation” with larger 8.8” screen it is not the same as s609 professional navigation (some F48 in Russia, Japan, Taiwan and China have NBTevo HU but most F48 do not).

2. There is a detailed post covering the settings needed for easy entry, may I suggest you start by reading through this thread and finding the posts. Try post number 110 in this thread as an example. I would suggest you go into expert mode and use search facility in order to search for location. The exact location may change but usually you will find where they are easily, so search on terms like “einausstiegshilfe” (entryexithelp in German). Try searching in seat module Ecu first. Once you find the location, all of the necessary parameters should be there.

3. Comfort access mirror fold default setting has a “long press” requirement on the key fob but can be changed (and may vary by market), which yours may have been. You can change settings, most are in Bimmercode easy mode, either in HU or BDC Ecu. Note also some settings can be accessed via the iDrive menu dependent on vehicle HU. I am sure others can be of better assistance on this.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-23-2019 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
Takabo49.00
      04-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #166
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabo View Post
Hello.

I am on a business trip. We plan to unlock shared on the weekend when we go home.

The BIMMERCODE application has been translated into Japanese and has become difficult to understand. Attach the capture screen (F39 X2) before Japanese localization. Please refer to everyone.

Thank you very much.
Thank you sharing this, you are also very lucky, your car has an NBTevo HU, so fsc codes are easily available for retrofit and upgrades.

The confusion for many F48 owners is that when they look at their screen Bimmercode shows their head unit as HU-NBT when it is actually HU_ENTRYNAV . This incorrect label makes many people think they can upgrade software or make changes such as code Apple CarPlay when it is actually not possible.

For people asking why is it not possible? - the answer is that ENTRYNAV HU have ARM chips rather than Intel and the security is stronger, the result is that no software protection (fsc) codes exist in open market for entrynav in order to hack the protection.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-23-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
Takabo49.00
      04-23-2019, 08:03 AM   #167
iceman7
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI sDrive 18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by celo View Post
[LIST]
Unfortunately you have ID4 !
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-24-2019, 08:35 AM   #168
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep

I can confirm that BDC (Body Domain Controller) now has the "Unlock doors automatically" setting (did not work for me anyway) and various other settings that used to be under FEM.

Name:  Screenshot_20190423-152538.png
Views: 2175
Size:  51.3 KB
Appreciate 2
iceman7117.00
Takabo49.00
      04-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #169
Viltronian
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25i

Has anyone been able to activate Sports+ or have Launch Control to show up in the cluster?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #170
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viltronian View Post
Has anyone been able to activate Sports+ or have Launch Control to show up in the cluster?
i was also curious about the Sports+...
But from my understanding putting it in sports mode then turning off DSC will provide you with the same thing, Same with Launch Control.
According to the manual to enable launch control you put in sports mode, turn off DSC and push your foot on the brake and gas until a flag appears on your dash.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #171
Viltronian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePulse64 View Post
i was also curious about the Sports+...
But from my understanding putting it in sports mode then turning off DSC will provide you with the same thing, Same with Launch Control.
According to the manual to enable launch control you put in sports mode, turn off DSC and push your foot on the brake and gas until a flag appears on your dash.
Tried everything, nothing happens when I do it. I guess my version doesn't have it.

As you can see from the video:
View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Viltronian; 04-25-2019 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #172
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Tried everything, nothing happens when I do it. I guess my version doesn't have it.

As you can see from the video:
View post on imgur.com
Hi
You may not have applied enough gas, your foot needs to hit the floor (full kick-down) so you are at Max revs. Flag will appear and revs will drop to optimum launch level, you need to release brake within 3 seconds. Also engine needs to be fully warmed up.
I attach section from manual
Attached Images

Last edited by MJE60; 04-25-2019 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #173
Viltronian
Rep

Quote:
Hi
You may not have applied enough gas, your foot needs to hit the floor (full kick-down) so you are at Max revs. Flag will appear and revs will drop to optimum launch level, you need to release brake within 3 seconds. Also engine needs to be fully warmed up.
I attach section from manual
Did everything exactly as you said and as the manual listed. Mashed it. Nothing. Rev doesn't go past 2000 and then drops with no flag.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #174
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Did everything exactly as you said and as the manual listed. Mashed it. Nothing. Rev doesn't go past 2000 and then drops with no flag.

View post on imgur.com
Possibly to do with different gearboxes. Correct me if I am wrong but petrol F48 have DSG boxes whereas xDrive and diesels have Aisin auto boxes.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-27-2019 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 11:47 PM   #175
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Probably to do with different gearboxes. Correct me if I am wrong but petrol F48 have DSG boxes whereas xDrive and diesels have Aisin auto boxes.
I have a 2017 2.8i sDrive FWD. I am pretty sure it's an Aisin and not DSG. Definitely shifts like an automatic and not a DSG type.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-27-2019, 02:28 AM   #176
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808X1 View Post
I have a 2017 2.8i sDrive FWD. I am pretty sure it's an Aisin and not DSG. Definitely shifts like an automatic and not a DSG type.
Thanks, I should have also added that specs vary between market and build year. In the U.K they stopped selling petrol xDrive [end of 2018 I think] and was told the reason was gearboxes and wanting slightly better emissions figures which DCT/DSG boxes give.

In contrast I am not sure if any U.S F48 have DCT/DSG boxes, perhaps someone can advise? Anyhow, question is whether it is just the Aisin boxes that have launch control or do the DSG have it as well, or whether it has to do with engine size?

Last edited by MJE60; 04-28-2019 at 01:43 AM..
Appreciate 0