F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > no timeset possible - 6WB retrofit in F30 pre facelift
Extreme Powerhouse

04-07-2023, 06:48 PM   #1
syncroflash
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

no timeset possible - 6WB retrofit in F30 pre facelift

Hey everyone,

I’ve retrofitted a 6WB (completely new / factory from BMW) directly into a F30 from 07/2013 (precfacelift) with a nbt (Road Map Europe Premium).
After installation an coding (VO delete 6WA, add 6WB, coding DKombi, HU_unit, TBX, ICM) everything looks fine, but it’s not possible to set the time via Idrive anymore. The service requirement entries are gone and there are no navigation information in the cluster. In the Headunit and cluster the time will not be shown, just the four dashes divided by a colon. Even if I check the „set time automatically, the time is still not set. If I set the time via Ista+ (f.e. via cbs reset option) everything works fine an both clocks (cluster, headunit) are set, but the service requirement, this is also not available. There are no entries. The service history is available. The navigation is not present on the cluster. I thought, that a softwareupdate for the dependency ecu will fix it, so I‘ve updated the HU_unit, TBX, ICM, FEM_Body, FEM_GW, ZBE), but it’s still the same problem. My next step was to change the Typ Code and the production date of the header / vo to a facelift model (330i from 07/2018). I coded the dkombi and hu unit, but still the same issue. The coding for all this functions are correctly set in the ecu’s. I’ve checked the entries in Hu_unit, Dkombi etc.
I already did a few of this type of retrofits, but actually I don’t get it.
Maybe it’s just something that one of you knows.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Last edited by syncroflash; 04-07-2023 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 07:41 PM   #2
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncroflash View Post
Hey everyone,

I’ve retrofitted a 6WB (completely new / factory from BMW) directly into a F30 from 07/2013 (precfacelift) with a nbt (Road Map Europe Premium).
After installation an coding (VO delete 6WA, add 6WB, coding DKombi, HU_unit, TBX, ICM) everything looks fine, but it’s not possible to set the time via Idrive anymore. The service requirement entries are gone and there are no navigation information in the cluster. In the Headunit and cluster the time will not be shown, just the four dashes divided by a colon. Even if I check the „set time automatically, the time is still not set. If I set the time via Ista+ (f.e. via cbs reset option) everything works fine an both clocks (cluster, headunit) are set, but the service requirement, this is also not available. There are no entries. The service history is available. The navigation is not present on the cluster. I thought, that a softwareupdate for the dependency ecu will fix it, so I‘ve updated the HU_unit, TBX, ICM, FEM_Body, FEM_GW, ZBE), but it’s still the same problem. My next step was to change the Typ Code and the production date of the header / vo to a facelift model (330i from 07/2018). I coded the dkombi and hu unit, but still the same issue. The coding for all this functions are correctly set in the ecu’s. I’ve checked the entries in Hu_unit, Dkombi etc.
I already did a few of this type of retrofits, but actually I don’t get it.
Maybe it’s just something that one of you knows.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Try:

KOMBI_CIC = Kombi_high ///// (or) Kombi_low
SETTINGS_INFO_DISPLAY = Aktiv

Last edited by fe7565; 04-07-2023 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 06:06 AM   #3
syncroflash
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Try:

KOMBI_CIC = Kombi_high ///// (or) Kombi_low
SETTINGS_INFO_DISPLAY = Aktiv
Ok, thanks. I will try this. Anything else?
Appreciate 0