BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Car Seat Standoff: Nuna Rava vs. Britax Boulevard

07-08-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Car Seat Standoff: Nuna Rava vs. Britax Boulevard

I recently bought two popular car seats to see which allowed more room up front for the driver. Nuna Rava vs. Britax Boulevard. The Rava won by a landslide, which surprised me considering how often I saw the Britax suggested for cramped cars. I'm 6'0", and the Britax is a no-go, while the Rava doesn't constrain me at all.

Here are pictures comparing the seats when they're set at the minimum recline setting for rear-facing, according to the guide at the bottom of the seat. I laid an orange bar across the top of the seats to make the relative difference more clear. I also include measurements of my front seat positioning so you can compare to your own driving preferences. Note, my sliding rear seats are set all the way toward the back.

Hopefully this helps other parents out there!

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Thanks for sharing. Something else to keep in mind is how quickly your kid grows. Our kid is in the 99th percentile for everything, at 23 months I already had to turn the seat around cause it was just too painful for us and the kid who would get her head bopped cause she's so tall being put in and out of the vehicle. We got the Graco Extend to Fit Platinum that was great until we had to keep extending the leg extenders at which point it just made more sense to turn the seat around.
I recently replaced the one in my F80 with the Diono Radian 3RXT and set up forward facing. Now my kid climbs in and can seat herself and I'm not killing my back. I also am able to place the seat in the middle of the backseat now. I see another Diono seat in our future for our X1.
Appreciate 0