BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Ordered my new X1, thoughts on spec ?

08-25-2016, 03:54 AM   #1
dazzer88
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D xLine Auto

Ordered my new X1, thoughts on spec ?

Hi folks, my first post on these forums!

I've just ordered a new X1, my second BMW.

I currently have a 5-Series SE 520d Auto F10 from October 2013. I've been very happy with it, but the PCP is nearly up and my wife thinks its too big!

So here's my order spec - would appreciate thoughts comments, and any suggestions for accessories e.g. rubber boot cover etc.

F48 X1 xDrive20d xLine - Alpine White, Black Dakota Leather
- Driver Comfort Package - PDC Front & Rear, Cruise Control, Park Assist, Extended Interior Lighting
- Navigation Plus - Heads Up Display, RTI, Concierge Service, Remote Services
- Touring Fuel Tank
- Electronic Damper Control
- Sport Automatic Transmission
- Electric Fold Exterior Mirrors
- Reversing Assist Camera
- Panoramic Glass Sunroof
- Sun Protction Glass
- Spare Tyre

Anticipated delivery - last week September - I can't wait!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:26 AM   #2
Pristineship
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 X line sDrive 20i

hmm I am just checked the UK site and seems like the sport seats aren't an option for x-line, is that true?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:40 AM   #3
hawkeye2604
Rep
Drives: X1

Really nice spec, very similar to mine (though I've gone for Atlantic Grey).

I've got an xline waiting at dealership in Lincolnshire (collection next week), and it definitely has sports seats. Ordered early July.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #4
twigs972
Rep
Drives: VW Tiguan

Good spec. same as my dad's except he has sports seats and has the 19' wheels, no spare tyre and in Silver Metallic. He couldn't do anything with the spec. as it was an ex-demo and was offered a good price for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:00 AM   #5
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristineship View Post
hmm I am just checked the UK site and seems like the sport seats aren't an option for x-line, is that true?
As an upgrade they are but come leather clad.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #6
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Congratulations on the order!

Sports seats are definitely an option for UK xLines; I have them in mine I also went for the Electric Memory Seats option as my wife and I both drive the car and she is a lot shorter than me. It's great to have the seats and mirrors move to the correct position as soon as you unlock with your key, and I've also enabled the "Easy Entry" coding option so the seat moves back a little when you stop to make it easier to get out from under the steering wheel. Personally I opted for the Sports Seats with Memory over the Panoramic Roof, as I felt that they were a more practical option. I would have liked to have stretched for the bigger screen Nav with the HUD, but you have to stop somewhere

I went from a 5 series estate (E61) to the new X1 and although the exterior dimensions are smaller, it doesn't feel at all cramped inside. I went for the Oyster interior to make sure it's not too dark in there

In terms of accessories I've bought the genuine X1 boot liner (£77) and a pair of genuine rear rubber all-weather mats (£44) to try and keep the floors clean from the dog and daughter. I also got an eBay bargain on the little BMW folding table that clips into the front seat headrest (£25!). The only other bits and bobs were storage bags for stuff under the boot floor, a dashcam, a collection of USB memory sticks for music and some dusters to try and keep the piano black surfaces clean The matt oak trim is a lot easier to keep dust and fingerprint free!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:18 AM   #7
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristineship View Post
Correct. xLine comes with standard leather seats. Sport seats are only standard in Sport (cloth) and M-Sport (alcantara/cloth). SE gets standard cloth seats.

Congrats on your new car. your option list is pretty much the same as mine, except for the Driving Assist, run flat tyres and auto-dimming rear view mirror.

RE accessories, as CliveL said, all weather mats are a must have. Although I switched back to carpet for the driver. Didn't like the slippery rubber ones. Picking up my boot liner later today. If you do a lot of motorway driving, I would also recommend mudflaps.

Lots of owner feedback and installation guides if you search the forums.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #8
Pristineship
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 X line sDrive 20i

but then the sport seats option is not showing in the configurator...
Seems like BMW has something missing in the build tool in every country, in mine it is the black anthrazit roofliner and harman kardon - so you have to anyway go through the long 20 page pricelist to always check if you didn't forget something.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #9
dazzer88
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D xLine Auto

Thanks for the heads up on accessories! :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer88 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on accessories! :-)
This ETK.CC page gives you an idea of what's available from BMW in terms of aftermarket accessories. There's mats, key covers, GoPro mounts, storage bags, illuminated sills, door projection lights, all sorts really. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #11
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

We have the Mocha leather and it's lovely, provides contrast but is still easy to maintain... I think the auto dimming rear view mirror was an option too, although I may be wrong
Appreciate 0