BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
gap
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Speaker Buzzing

After inserting my key the other day there was a loud buzzing sound coming from the back of the car. The radio/CD player was off. I climbed into the back seat and determined that the passenger side rear speaker was buzzing. I noticed that that the fold down back seat was not locked into place. I pushed the seat back into the locked position and the buzzing stopped. I at first thought that it was some alert that the seat back was not secured but I have been unable to recreate the buzzing sound by leaving the back seats unlatched.
It has only happened once, anyone else have this happen?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
After inserting my key the other day there was a loud buzzing sound coming from the back of the car. The radio/CD player was off. I climbed into the back seat and determined that the passenger side rear speaker was buzzing. I noticed that that the fold down back seat was not locked into place. I pushed the seat back into the locked position and the buzzing stopped. I at first thought that it was some alert that the seat back was not secured but I have been unable to recreate the buzzing sound by leaving the back seats unlatched.
It has only happened once, anyone else have this happen?
Yes - I have had that happen twice now. Not recently though.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
bluemoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Same thing happened to me for the first time yesterday. The buzzing seemed to be coming from the rear driver's side speaker. It started right after I inserted the key and lasted for about 5-mins and continued with the radio off and key removed. I didn't try latching/unlatching the rear seat backs. The buzzing finally stopped on it's own. Very weird!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
smpeck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe (E92)

This happened to me today - all I did was unlock the car, open the door and there was a loud buzzing noise coming from the left rear speaker. I inserted the key, started the car, turned the car off, opened/closed/locked the driver's side door a few times and the sound did not stop until after about 3 minutes had passed.

My car is a convertible so I think we can take the rear seat locking out of the equation - my seats don't fold forward.

Has anyone found the cause of this issue?

I noticed last night my USB would not play music or load the files on the USB.

Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come with all of the electronics.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

This happened to me all the way to the dealer... of course once I went inside told them the problem and came back out it was stopped...

they said if it ever happens again bring it back...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0