F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Spring install
Extreme Powerhouse

02-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

Spring install

hey guys, i'm considering adding dinan springs and supplemental ride handling kit as well as shockware. I looked up dinan installers in my area in southwestern CT and reached out to one right in my city and they quoted me 8 hours for a total of 1176 + tax for just labor (for springs, kit and shockware ) this seems way excessive to me. Anyone have a place they can recommend where they won't charge me 2x the cost of the hardware for the install?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
hey guys, i'm considering adding dinan springs and supplemental ride handling kit as well as shockware. I looked up dinan installers in my area in southwestern CT and reached out to one right in my city and they quoted me 8 hours for a total of 1176 + tax for just labor (for springs, kit and shockware ) this seems way excessive to me. Anyone have a place they can recommend where they won't charge me 2x the cost of the hardware for the install?
Go into the E90 forum under the Regional Forum for NY/NJ/CT/PA and hit the "Stickies" tab on top of page. There is a thread titled "Official: Recommended Install Shops". Scroll through the pages and Im sure you can find a shop that is recommended in Ct.
      02-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1 View Post
Go into the E90 forum under the Regional Forum for NY/NJ/CT/PA and hit the "Stickies" tab on top of page. There is a thread titled "Official: Recommended Install Shops". Scroll through the pages and Im sure you can find a shop that is recommended in Ct.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

checked the e90 forum and they only list 1 preferred vendor in CT. If you google that preferred vendor you find several horror stories. They are actually in my town and the owner doesn't have the greatest reputation. I'm assuming if I buy the parts on my own any shop willing to take it on can install the springs and the supplemental ride kit. It's really only the shockware for which I'd need to go to an authorized dinan place to program that onto my car... if anyone has any other suggestions of good shops to talk to please let me know. Definitely not spending 1250 on spring install...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
checked the e90 forum and they only list 1 preferred vendor in CT. If you google that preferred vendor you find several horror stories. They are actually in my town and the owner doesn't have the greatest reputation. I'm assuming if I buy the parts on my own any shop willing to take it on can install the springs and the supplemental ride kit. It's really only the shockware for which I'd need to go to an authorized dinan place to program that onto my car... if anyone has any other suggestions of good shops to talk to please let me know. Definitely not spending 1250 on spring install...
Try posting the same question in that forum as well.
      02-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #6
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

I highly recommend doing it your self it's super easy.

Could u please pm which shop you are talking about too please

I am in ct
Appreciate 0