View Single Post
      01-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #29
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
mm cool debate. I always thought JV had a hint of his das's style (breaking dead LAST) I've never seen the resemblance with Jenson, but fair enough.
To those surprised about Schumacher > Senna (as posted by others too), I think there are 2 things here:
- Senna is a martyr, you just can't reasonably argue with that
- I consider Schumacher a more complete driver in every way: he has talent like no other (perhaps Senna? hard to say, really), dedicated, technical, athletic, aggressive, brave, consistent, strategic... you name it, and he's got it in spades. PERHAPS, you could say he is not a great qualifier (always focussing on the race). I think a lot of people think that he is only famous for being overly dominant for so long... which tends to cloud his achievements. To them, I say: did you see him race throughout? Or did you read it on Wikipedia? Trust me, there is a big difference. This man raced (and beat) Mansell, Prost, Patrese, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, Raikonnen, Alonso, Hakinnen, Button... basically anyone since '91. Now he is back doing what no one has done before, again (oldest driver). Just the fact that he is competitive is impressive enough (Mansell came back the second time and didn't even fit in the car).
I'm not dissing Senna, but let's face it, he passed away and we will never find out.

P.S. If you are thinking of bringing up Schumacher's championship deciding crashes, think of Prost & Senna first.

cheers
First off Schumacher was spanking no one in '91. He was merely coming up the ranks. He has amassed the most points, statistics, championships, etc throughout his illustrious career in F1. Schumacher however is not the greatest driver (skill wise). He was and is a perfect tactician; he always wisely chose his teammates and always had an outstanding technical staff to attend all his needs. But he will never beat an Ayrton in the rain or beat a solid teammate, case in point Nico Rosberg.

If you don't believe me watch this video where he himself says so at 2:40:

I love everything about Senna and I do understand those that place Schumi over Ayrton as a better champion but surely not as a better driver.
Appreciate 0