03-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
Our primary remote for our year-old X1 stopped working. I have to hold it to the steering column to restart.

I figured, "Hey, replace the battery", even though one year life seems low.

The old battery isn't the greatest voltage, 2.96 volts, but I went ahead and replaced it with a brand new 2032, and....

Still doesn't work.

Some indications that I may need to re-sync the key, but I can't find X1-relevant instructions.

Ideas? Or is this a dead key now?
It should not require resync after a battery change, especially when old battery still had good voltage.
To resync - Get into car with other key. Leave other key well away from car. Place key (primary remote) against key markings on steering column (if no markings then place key against steering column where lock would have been). Keep key held in place and push start button of car. Ignition should now come on or if auto and you have foot on brake, the engine should start. If this does not work then make sure battery is correctly fitted. If still does not work then probably need to get it replaced f.o.c (still in warranty) from dealer.

If resync works then you will probably need to re-assign driver profile details through idrive.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-04-2019 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0