View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #12
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

My first impressions below. Pictures attached taken from LHD driver's seat.

Quality and Design: For something so small and simple, it feels and looks well made. The convex mirror is glass, not plastic, so hopefully it'll be less prone to scratching. The thin bezel offsets it just enough so you know whether you're looking at the blindspot vs regular mirror with a quick glance. The backing is made of sturdy plastic. The 3M adhesive adhered to the main mirror well despite doing the install with the temp around 45 to 50 degrees farenheit (seller recommends installing when it's a bit warmer but I was eager to test them out).

The shape definitely gives it a custom feel and look as it follows the contours of the main mirror spot on. The area that it takes up on the main mirror is relatively small, so it's there when you need it, but doesnt obstruct your view when trying to park or just to see what's behind you. Yet it's big enough to serve the intended purpose of letting you know whether there's a car in your blindspot.

I do admit it'll take some getting used to as it feels a bit unnatural to look at 2 different mirrors, but I think I'll adjust quickly with some more seat time.

Cost and installation: As for cost, you get what you pay for. This isn't a generic stick on blindspot mirror, nor does it appear to be cheaply made. The shipping speed was quick (arrived in 2 business days) considering the order went from CA to NJ.

The installation instructions are thorough despite this being a very simple install. It tells you to clean the main mirror with IPA and to wait for warmer temps, which is good to know if you're not familiar with how adhesives may react to a dirty surface or cold weather.

One tip I would add is to get it aligned exactly the way you want before pressing it down. Dont install it flush against the main mirror's inner housing to avoid clearance problems. You want to avoid any rubbing issues if you ever need to adjust the mirrors to an extreme position.

tldr version: Great mirrors for the cost. High quality. Dont stick too close to the main mirror's inner lip to avoid rubbing problems.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0