Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
"Ignorants"?
Look at the charts of global warming of the last four decades and then we can discuss again what is an ignorant. It's January and our skiing regions suffer from missing snow like never before. Outside it's five degrees and should be minus five. Cold Sibirian air soon no longer makes it to reach us.
"Liberties"?
I feel not limited with my CO2 free heater, my vegetarian diet and my two i-cars. I feel good... but not very good, because I see what's happening in Australia. That's what is sad, very very sad!

But sorry for OT. I'm happy to see the i8 hybrid concept in its latest incarnation in this X cars. Having the instant torque of an electric motor at hand is pure pleasure. It's a fresh, all new driving experience.
Check weather history for the last 200 years. It is largely available. If you dig enough, you can find weather records even from few hundreds years ago. The fact that we have reached a high level of communication, hence a fast way to tell about the weird snow in Mexico or Africa, it means a lot for the one that doesn't read more. Stop buying your politicians agenda. The globe is fine, is just change that happened all the time. There were time of heavy snow and heavy droughts in history, all out of the normal pattern and happened in times when the cars did not even existed or they were as rare as a panda bear. There were cooling periods in 1650, 1770, 1850, all with warm periods in between.
It seems that you are listening too much to the Hollywood ignorants? Or "super intelligent" Greta?

No wonder Ricky Gervais hit them hard in every aspect as they are a bunch of ignorant hypocrites that live in their little world...
I applaud him for a such speech!

Bottom line, is all about perception: but vegetarian diet might not be as good as you think, the electric vehicle might not be that ethical, that green and not even that healthy, etc.
The information is all there -and plenty- if you want to read it and explore it. You can embrace what they want you to, or you can explore and widen your knowledge portfolio. Nobody stops you to read, analyze and reach your own rationale.

In the end, electric car or ICE car, I would like to have the choice to decide for myself, based on my own knowledge and my own rationale. I am against any person, government or corporation that opposes the freedom of choice, to either me or you. And the new taxation is not about the planet or you health, is about their agenda.
Appreciate 0