01-10-2020, 11:39 PM   #26
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Not being rude, but speaking from Denmark I can see your unconscientious influenced perception. Of course if they force you to do so, IS POPULAR!
Denmark has proposed a ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2030 and hybrid from 2035, "joining international efforts to promote electric-only vehicles to reduce air pollution and combat climate change."
And as a note: I NEVER heard someone saying that Active Tourer is beautiful or popular! "Ugly" was a compliment.

No, they bought it because the tax relief or overtax.

Oh, yes. Merkel, environmentalists, ignorants, the green hidden agenda and the new CO2 tax grabbing... Higher and higher taxes will be used to get the public to “voluntarily” reduce their transportation choices.
Freedom much? Saying something doesn't make it so... Let me decide if I want it and let the product prove that is better.
Watch out for all new policies affecting every aspect of our lives, using environmental protection simply as the excuse to squeeze our emotions and get us to voluntarily surrender our liberties.
Sad... Very sad...
First of all a single small left wing party or two have proposed a ban as a part of the election campaign last year. It is not the government. Secondly you can't put Denmark into any BMW equation since we have so high taxes on cars in general. This makes BMW, Audi, Mercedes rare cars and the high taxes apply to the hybrids as well. Only full electric cars really benefit from tax reductions. So regardless what there will never be many BMWs in Denmark.

If you look the 2AT it is one of the most sold BMWs in Germany and the reason for that is not because of the driving dynamics but because there is a segment of buyers who want the brand and the luxury feel and have the need for a van. The X1 is the most sold BMW model worldwide. This is simply because buyers like it and I guess 99% of all buyers are not enthusiast but simple car buyers. Back when the i3 was introduced I noticed a group of young people looking at cars at BMW Welt. When they saw the i3, they were amazed and they loved it because of choice of materials and connectivity. This group simply had a completely different focus on what’s smart and what’s not (and they had never driven a car). The success and support for i3, 2AT and X1 has absolutely nothing to do with taxes or environmental focus. It is because there is a worldwide demand for them and because BMW is trying to earn money where they can. And once they will not make money on V8’s anymore they will stop making them. Just look at the Z4. They needed Toyota in order to get enough volume because the model itself could not make any income. That is simply how business works regardless of what some car enthusiast say and that is why the X1/X2 XE models will be popular.