06-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #20
Patrick852
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 15 320iED, 18 X2 sDrive20i MSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrath View Post
Hello, hope I am not hijacking the thread, as my question is related. I am planning on ordering the X2 xDrive20i M Sport, but I am concerned with the ride being too stiff for Greek roads and wanted to ask some advice on specing the order in the best way possible.

I have 3 options for suspension:
- Non-sport: should be softer, but could be wobbly and I will miss the ability to have the stiffer option
- M Sport: i have it on my F20 and find it hard, word is it's even harder on the X2
- Dynamic Dampers: supposedly best of both worlds, but the dealer said it actually makes the m sport even stiffer in sport mode without real softening in comfort

Probably will get the dynamic dampers as it is very little difference in cost to the static m sport.

Now, i also wanted to avoid runflats. The default rims are 19" with rft, but I can get non-runflats in 18" for same price, or 19" with non-rft with "performance tires" for around $1500 more! I think the 18" make the X2 look less interesting, but before shelling out $1500 for the 19" with the performance tires, i would like to ask your views here on whether I can expect a marked improvement in ride comfort vs the runflats. Also feel free to weigh in on your view of X2 with 18" wheels.
I have test drove both 120I M-Sport with 18" and X2 M-Sport with 20" before my purchase, the X2 is much firmer, then I picked X2 with 19", a fairly difference than the 20" but still harsh. However, the 18" on X2 looks less appealing, I still backed my decision on the 19", but plan to get rid of the run-flats and go for some tires with softer side-wall.
Appreciate 0