View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #19
Tom Tallon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 XDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandrath View Post
Hello, hope I am not hijacking the thread, as my question is related. I am planning on ordering the X2 xDrive20i M Sport, but I am concerned with the ride being too stiff for Greek roads and wanted to ask some advice on specing the order in the best way possible.

I have 3 options for suspension:
- Non-sport: should be softer, but could be wobbly and I will miss the ability to have the stiffer option
- M Sport: i have it on my F20 and find it hard, word is it's even harder on the X2
- Dynamic Dampers: supposedly best of both worlds, but the dealer said it actually makes the m sport even stiffer in sport mode without real softening in comfort

Probably will get the dynamic dampers as it is very little difference in cost to the static m sport.

Now, i also wanted to avoid runflats. The default rims are 19" with rft, but I can get non-runflats in 18" for same price, or 19" with non-rft with "performance tires" for around $1500 more! I think the 18" make the X2 look less interesting, but before shelling out $1500 for the 19" with the performance tires, i would like to ask your views here on whether I can expect a marked improvement in ride comfort vs the runflats. Also feel free to weigh in on your view of X2 with 18" wheels.
Pandrath

Bingo! I had exactly the same issue and I've opted for a very different route to avoid hard ride and tyre noise.

I've ordered the very basic 2.0 i SE XDRIVE in the UK and then loaded it up with 3 packs plus leather seats and heated seats = £5,000 of options but got car with discount for circ £33K.

Reasoning:_

The SE comes with 17 inch wheels and 225/55 conventional tyres which gives a 5" sidewall. I should get a much more cosy and soft ride from this but no doubt others will point out I'll also get less incisive and less sporty handling.

Car due in July/August and I'll tell you if I made a winner or a booboo!

TT
Appreciate 0