10-24-2020, 08:34 PM   #49
F13
CEO
Rep
Drives: F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I passed.

I can REALLY feel the tension from the wife, she is 100pc in support of me buying a nice car but is super freaked about the pandemic and it's potential impacts. For e.g it's only 3 hrs drive away and i'd have to buy it sight unseen as we don't really go anywhere or see anyone.

It's also a super bright colour, which I thought I wanted but not sure I want to attract so much attention with a 991 as it looks brand new and may be a bit ostentatious.

I'm going to be grumpy today, I feel it is a very good with the options it has and that CPO in it's glove box but guy said to hold and see what happens.
I was in the same bought a few years ago and I couldn't imagine making this decision during the pandemic. I narrowed it down to a new F-type base, Cayman 718, M2 (N55) and MX5 ND RF. When I found that my least expensive option put the same smile on my face as the others I couldn't justify spending substantially more. I was also a little biased towards reliability since I had the notorious N54 in both of my BMW's. In hindsight, I still don't regret the decision but I do sometimes miss the brand and prestige that comes with driving the other cars.

Current: F13
Previous: E92, E82
Appreciate 0