View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #683
samuelbpereira
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25i 2019 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
My wife picked up a X1 a few days ago, and I have started coding it (which is why I have been checking this thread). Here are the things I found useful coding so far on her US-spec-car:
  • Adaptive headlights: The "LED headlights with extended features" on the X1 support what BMW calls Static adaptive headlights:
    At speeds between 45 km/h and 70 km/h the cornering light is used as a "static Adaptive Headlight". The LEDs, which are responsible for the cornering light, are activated in order to illuminate the cornering area. This function is called a static Adaptive Headlight because the headlight is not moved.
    This is disabled by default on US cars to comply with outdated US regulations. It is nowhere as useful as the no-dazzle high beams on my M4, but still worth enabling IMO. To be clear: this is different from the cornering lights functionality, since the cornering lights are activated even when the car is not cornering in order to provide a wider illumination of the road.
  • Brighter halos: The halos in the headlights are dimmed by default to 46% on both US and EU cars when used as position lights (i.e., when the low beams are on). They did not look as bright as on my M4, so I increased the intensity to 70%.
  • Allow fog lights on with high beams: This is standard on EU cars, but disabled on US cars.
  • Close trunk with keyfob: This is disabled on US cars and requires keeping the button on the remote pressed on EU cars. I coded it so that it opens with a single press of the remote button.
  • Unlock doors at ignition off: This is disabled on US cars and it only works on EU cars if the doors were automatically locked. I coded it so that the doors always unlock.
  • Change speed limit information in HUD and instrument cluster: I really dislike the US white square sign and changed it to EU display.
  • Standard stuff: Remove iDrive legal disclaimer, shorter seat belt reminder, etc.

Hello, my trunk doesn't close with just one touch on the control, opening it opens with just one touch, can you tell me where I can make it close with just one touch instead of having to hold it to close? Thank you
Appreciate 0