View Single Post
      03-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #223
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigP View Post
I had a '14 X1 35i with M sport and a Dinan flash. Loved it so much I bought a '15 as a tribute (last model year), set up the same way but with the larger wheels. When the warranty ran out, I confirmed my bike would fit in the back of the X2 and then bought the M35i. Yes, the X1 was a sophisticated sleeper that lurked in the fast lane but also got you to the trail-head effectively. To me, compared to the X2, there may have been some turbo lag but nothing at all like the issue we've all been discussing in this thread. If you haven't noticed it during your test drives, I'm sure you will if you bring it home. It's not a deal-killer, as we've all pretty much said, but it's annoying at times and can feel downright scary if it hits at the wrong moment. For me, the only thing I really miss from the X1 is the 6-cylinders and the rear-bias. Otherwise, the X2 feels so much lighter and more nimble; more like my old WRX than the X1. It would be great to get a tune for this car, but I don't think it needs to squeeze more power out of the engine. The tune needs to dial-in the shifting for driving enthusiasts or (ideally) give us options for selecting the package of settings we prefer. As of now, I'd buy this car again, despite its issues. Mostly because there's nothing quite like it available in America at this time. But, take notice BMW, if another hot hatch with a little clearance hits the market at some point, I will take a hard look...
My X1 had the larger wheels as well...the 19's with PZeros. Damned good fun. I picked up the X2 yesterday, so far so good, obviously not been able to really drive it thanks to quarantine.
Appreciate 0