View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #129
mplsx2m35i
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 m35i

Mine is being delivered around December 1 (still at the port, been there all week!) I went back and test drove a X2 M35i just to understand how much an issue this is.

You can definitely make it happen. Not all the time but it is pretty consistent in comfort mode, by decelerating to slow rolling speed, like around 5 mph or less, and then pressing the accelerator. Sometimes you can be about 25% down before any reaction.

I am still getting the M35i. It is meets my needs of having a fun sporty small car that is city friendly but can still carry stuff heading to the cabin.

Being from Minneapolis I am used to feathering the accelerator in our winters due to snow and ice. I foresee doing this in traffic to minimize the non-linear throttle response in these situations, or keep it in sport mode.

I asked the BMW salesperson and sales manager to report this issue to BMW, and pointed out the safety issue of making a left turn against traffic. I want BMW to be on notice in case anyone gets in an accident. The sales person did read this thread.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52695.50