View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #124
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Reading this thread and following it for some time, its surprising to hear others experience. As some have followed, I had the first ordered car in NY and possibly overall in the US so I have the earliest of builds and do not experience any issues.

But, my driving setting are 100% using sport and manually shifting every gear every single time. With this, i find the car very fun and aggressive in most situations....now im coming from an F80 which had almost no turbo lag in 99% of daily driving conditions so this is my measure, and my only slight displeasure is the slight turbo lag in 1st gear which is not surprising and not unmanageable, and im sure will improve with a tune at some point in this engines lifecycle.
But i have no transmission issues, no throttle issues, nothing at all as the car has become more fun to drive as ive gotten familiar with the performance and know what it takes to move with ease thru traffic, so its unfortunate what some are reporting.

I would suggest those with the issue to try to put in sport and shift manually for a few days and see if you still feel the same issue, and target what may be causing it. Hopefully its software related and can be re-tuned, its such a fun car...
NICE! I too am coming from an F80 and live in the NY / LI area. We have a local Tri-State BMW F80 group that gets together often if you're interested. There's even a WhatsApp chat group
Appreciate 0