MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter9588 View Post
Hi,

I am currently looking at purchasing a 2nd hand ~2016 2.0i Sport X1, around 20/30k miles for about £20k.

I currently drive a 2014 M135i, with pretty much every option available; pro navigation, sunroof, cruise, electric heated seats, folding mirrors, adaptive headlights, front and rear parking senors and so on. (This car will be sold as we are expecting twins in November.)

At this budget there don't seem to be too many options spec'd on x1s available on autotrader.

Are there any options that you'd consider must have? I would miss the pro nav the most i think, but there are just so few cars with it spec'd at my budget.

I saw someone mentioned that speed limits can be displayed on the sat nav. This was something very annoying, which my m135i didn't do. Is this a standard feature?

Any other advice anyone could give on my potential purchase would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete
Hi
Be aware that X1 in U.K. do not have pro Nav , the Nav packages for x1 are business Nav with smaller 6.5” display screen or business Nav with larger 8.8” display and hud (called Nav plus). Business Nav is nowhere as good as Pro Nav. Imo the larger 8.8” screen makes a huge difference to functionality (for e.g has split screen) and quality feel. If you enjoy good hifi in your car then be aware the basic hifi in the X1 may seriously disappoint , so I would take test this, the mid-range option is better and Harman Kardon better again but the HK in the X1 is not as good as HK in higher range models. Finally is you regard CarPlay as important (e.g use it for Nav apps etc ) then make sure the car you intend to buy has it!, it cannot be easily retrofitted (and the only reliable retrofit option I am aware of costs €500 to informally purchase a genuine BMW FSC code for your car).
Appreciate 0