06-24-2022, 04:11 PM   #76
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That wasn't the discussion though. The discussion was lap times and not just being a straight line demon. The fact you roll a Challenger or Bentley in with a 1LE tells me you are not quite grasping what the 1LE can do around corners.

Light weight and chuckable is great, that's why in the end I went 997 rather than Mustang, but the idea a stock Miata (similar driving skills) can hang with a 1LE is fantasy, long straight or not.
I never said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
But that's not where you started. You started referring to all of these cars as "straight line" or "muscle cars". They are not. C8 is not, along with many of the ones you were discussing. Yes, we get that you like a lightweight sports car, that's great, but you don't seem to understand that there are more cars than miatas that are not intended for straight-line speed.
There's some generalization but my pt is that yes for sure much heavier cars can be made into good track weapons but I don't see the pt starting from a much heavier foundation. For sure the cars mentioned fall into that category but just imagine if they went on a big diet. Wish it was industry std to list on pwr-to-wt because just pumping out huge HP numbers don't tell the whole story.

Anyway, I don't wanna derail this thread anymore than it has, suffice to say we're not talking about the same thing.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0