06-24-2022, 03:23 AM   #69
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
You are still doing it. A 1LE is not a straight-line car. A Miata is not either. Do you think a C8 Stingray is?
Ya, it's still crazy heavy. I lump them all in the same broad category, so ya, the latest Corvette. For sure I respect all their performance like the Camaro, etc, but it's against my philosophy, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
easier and cheaper to add power than make a car lighter. more power, need more bracing, cooling, bigger engine means more fluids, more tire, more brakes, bigger wheels, beefier suspension, longer wheelbase to make it stable.

the bright side for manufacturers is you can do all this to a popular chassis that will sell to masses like a camaro or mustang. so you can offset the cost of a zl1 or gt500 by selling a bunch of base 4 cylinder convertibles. porsche does this with 911s, bmw does it with the 3 series.

you can't really sell alot of cars the size of a miata to offset the cost of a high performance model. most people cannot afford to have a pure toy with zero practicality. if you want z1l lap times with something the size of a miata you will be spending 2-3x more money.
Yep, you touch upon a good pt and I think that Jason Comissara (sp??) dude made a recent video about it, that's because few can 'afford'(rationalize) a pure 'toy' and want jack of all trades and practicality thrown it. That's why Porsche is really a SUV company in my eyes.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0