Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
But when my 335 with a tune and down pipes is raping it I don't see the hype for me personally, I want a balance. Since we don't have a track. But I like to screw around, and partake in the occasional 1/2 mile race where every E9x performs subpar, even supercharged ones couldn't quite keep up with me.
It's all relative to how you choose to use the car.

When I had my car in Florida where everything was flat and straight, I'd buy into your philosophy. But it would have been guided by my personal scenario and not the engineer's intent.

I brought the car to California, I have no intention of drag racing people on the highway. I spend most of my time flying through the canyons or some winding mountain pass, by myself, at 6AM on a Sunday morning. My goal is to avoid traffic and other drivers all together.

If I saw the hype in spanking people in a half mile straight line I'd simply buy a Tesla, or even build a rust bucket Fox Body mustang and make people look like fools with a $7,500 shitbox.

I don't believe this car "underperforms" in a straight line. It performs well enough for something it wasn't engineered for.
I definitely agree there. I tossed the idea around a lot.
I was younger when looking and only had my 1 child as well so my vehicle desire was different. Now I'd be fine with one, but they're too old now
Appreciate 1
cjm41752.50