View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #25
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

The Aisin 8 speed transmission in the X1 2.8 in Canada is silky smooth. I tried the ZF in the 2017 3 series and it's about the same. Many of the newer BMW's will come equipped with the new AISIN 8 speed. It has a sport mode too and the shifts are smooth and quick. The X1 is front wheel drive biased in the x-drive. Whereas the other models are rear wheel drive biased. The new North American version of the X1 has the ULEV engine which was co-developed with Toyota. THe new 2, 3, 4 and even the 5 as well as the X1, X2 and X3, Mini Clubman and Mini Countryman will have this same engine & transmission. That's quite literally the best in class out there. I've been getting at least 35 - 38 MPG on the highway at 120 km/h. Amazing for a vehicle this size. I'm located in Montreal. Also I added a BMS Cold Air Intake. I'm contemplating the stage one ECU / Motor software upgrade. This brings the HP to over 300HP and the TQ over 300 too. It literally flies in Sport Mode from what others have told me.
Appreciate 1
wcs2229170.50