Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Whatever you can have your opinion.

Wasn't being rude, just your opinion is very short sighted. And everybody has a friend in the business.

Unless you design these cars for a living and deal with stuff day to day then you just can't justify short sighted claims Dutch as these.

I deal with hearing this stuff all day long from people who don't know all the intricacies of product design so I pop my lid. Sorry that you took the brunt that day.

Either way it's done and if you don't like it move on or buy another brand who do not in your mind take shortcuts. Simple move vote with your wallet.

Volkswagen I feel has better designers (just an opinion) and every designer as well as engineers all have strengths but what your missing is it's not all up to the designer or engineer it's the platform and the cost of the whole project. Their may have been other reasons that that was not done.

Volkswagen has their way Bmw has theirs. Audi takes a different path to meet requirements. Their lower diffusers cheat the length requirement. Every company is different.

Again my original stance stands unless you where at Bmw when the discussions and decisions where made you have no evidence to support your claim. Just say you don't like it! That's simple and to the point and a very good opinion but to say its shortcuts and all that you just can't say.

Would you pay another 5k for the car to have the hood shaped differently ? Some would not. So sacrifices are made.
I thank you for your response, yet, you did not provided a technical explanation in regards with the requirements you were mentioning above.
The X1 is not 5K more for not having a horizontal line, au contrary, quite the opposite.
Two perfectly identical cars, at least from bumber to windshield -which is what matters here-, but two different design approaches. However, in your defense, and mine, nobody suggested official that is because of "pedestrian rule", because that is not true anyway. My answer was a reply to a post that claims that and which might not be the proper reason for this design approach.
My point was that it is not the pedestrian rule that triggered that choice. And if BMW will claim that, I will call that BS.
Appreciate 0