Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39hijinks View Post
Looks good to me.

FWD- Who cares besides track bros? Is the average buyer going to have the need to drift through rush hour traffic? FWD emphasizes packaging efficiency and efficiency overall (MPG) and interior room. It's a win/win/win unless you drive a drift car. Besides you say FWD can't handle? Think Mini.

Design/kidney. Subjective, obviously. But I really like it. And I've been critical of most newer BMWs. The upside down kidneys flow better with the headlight inside edges vs. flowing the opposite way for "normal" kidneys. Not every BMW has to look alike.

The inside.. i dig it. clean/simple. iPad on dash is just a sign of the times. Everyone is doing it.
Glad you like it. I don't.
Yeap, you can drift through traffic. That MPG is bullocks as we both know.
Interior room? You know, if you install the E84 X1 or any 3 series seats in that "spacious" new F48 you will realize that there is not much improvement except in vertical since the vehicle got taller than previous model. So practically, to provide you with a better visual perception about space they diluted the driving dynamics (no need to explain the lower, the better for "drifting" right?), and the overall behaviour of the car. That also contributed to the toilet seating position that is not the best for longer trips. Plus the narrow seats.
Now, that little space gained by the lack of the shaft is of course a joke; none of these cars is not made for three people in the back so the argument is futile.

Secondly, I really hope that is a bad joke if you compare this thing with a Mini just from the FWD POV. This is basic technical knowledge and common sense.
Please drive the previous X1 based on a Touring platform with a nice, sporty seat position, a RWD biased xDrive and drive this one after. You will get the point. except your senses are not there, or you are not a car guy.
I own a E84 X1 and yes, you have no idea what I am doing and can do with it. Really.
Or please go in the X1 one community and see what some guys are using them for.

Design wise "de gustibus non est disputandum" so we will leave it there. However, for the money, once you are in the FWD territory, there are many options out there.
Appreciate 0