01-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #42
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo74 View Post
the x1 should wear the mini brand. after getting a loaner x1 I can say it's a good Chevy but a POS BMW. I almost veered off the road due to torque steer and had to peer under the car to check for a rear differential. I was more satisfied with the Malibu I got earlier.
So I had a very similar experience. Was given a FWD F48 X1 with no options when I dropped off my fiancée's E70 X5 for some recall work.

Handsome sheet metal aside, the moment I started driving the thing, I literally had to remind myself I was in a BMW by glancing down at the steering wheel roundel. There were a couple of times I pulled up to a stop sign and and a Corolla or Sentra would pass by and I'd think "Oh, that's the kind of car I'm driving."

The Piano Black trim looked good at first glance, but something compelled me to give it a little knock knock, and was horrified by the flimsy plastic feel I got as feedback. All of the subtle things that make you feel like you're in a luxury car, the X1 lacks.

I don't care that it has a 4 banger in it. I have a 2002 SAAB 9-5 Aero that makes similar power with a 2.3 liter turbo four, and it manages to sound refined at idle. The B48 sounds like a hummingbird stuck in a tick tick clock .

The steering feel and gear selector could be right out of Hyundai Elantra and the power delivery is less like a car and more like an elastic band; snappy but largely unsatisfying. The doors lack the characteristic baritone thud, and frankly I couldn't have been happier to get her 10 year old N52 powered X5 back
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 1
mundo7465.00