View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #41
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Ok, well, that's a sure-fire way to be misunderstood and confuse the heck out of your audience. It's like calling the M240i an M2 or the M550i an M5. Soon there will also be both an X3 M40i and X3 M, X4 M40i and X4 M, X5 M50i and X5 M, M340i and M3, M440i and M4.

You even confused yourself because you said of the vehicle you called the X2 M vs. the GLA45 - "I'd forecast the cars will be pretty comparable.". That's only true if you also think, for example, an X3 M40i and GLC63 are "pretty comparable". However, I am pretty sure you know they are not.
BMW has already made it confusing enough. Adding M designations to just about every model they make. Why even have the "M" in front of a basically std model car? Leave the f'n M for the REAL M cars and use the number designations for the others and be done with it. Besides that, they feel the need to market in every conceivable contrived model as well.....like the GC, GT, etc...if they put more energy into less models and stayed focus it would be allot simpler and then maybe we wouldn't be calling the next M2 a competition which should be a CS. And why is the the even numbered 6 series a four door now? The whole thing is outta control.
Appreciate 0