View Single Post
      01-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

BMW Navigation Map Update to EUROPE Way 2021-1

Available now via the BMW Download Manager app, on Mac OS or Windows, is version EUROPE Way 2021-1.
This is quite surprising after the previous update (EUROPE Way 2020-4) that was released as recently as late November 2020!
A 16GB USB dongle may no longer be sufficient to transfer the update into your X1. This size dongle has always worked for me after formatting as indicated in the app, but I'm now getting a message, after formatting the disk, to say that I need min 15.54gb free space whereas the USB dongle only has 15.52gb space. On further investigation, it does appear that a 64GB USB Dongle will work (as should a 32GB size) because the transfer from the download has completed and now has to be installed in the car.
Regardless of the USB dongle size, this version does NOT work for X1 drivers in North America but, as in the past, is ONLY for UK and Europe X1s with EUROPE Way mapping.
If you do not have it already, the BMWDownload Manager App can be accessed by signing in to your BMW ConnectedDrive account and go to 'Remote Cockpit' then 'Control'. The Map Update link for the App is then towards the lower part of the page. You should not need to do this stage if you already have the App on your Mac/PC. So far as I am aware, there is no link to download this via iOS to iPhone or iPad and it can only be actioned via a laptop/desktop Mac or PC.

Last edited by oakey46; 01-06-2021 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: Updated because 16GB USB dongle no longer appears to be of sufficient size.
Appreciate 4