07-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #10
iceman7
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI sDrive 18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperson View Post
Vehicles in general in my country are heavily taxed, and those with "bigger" engines even more so. The sdrive 18i model was only recently launched locally, so there are not any owners out there I could ask their opinions...And the BMW dealer doesn't have it in stock yet, so no way to test drive this particular engine either...And all online reviews are for the 2.0 engine model...there is NOTHING on the 1.5 one...
Its seems like this particular engine (laready used in series 2 or Minis) was used in the X1 for peculiar markets like the ones we live that tax big engines a lot.
Hence you will only see reviews in Greece, Turkey, Indonesia, etc.

All in all the X1 is a great car and hence sells a lot. In Greece in the compact SUV segment it ranks second after the Nissan Qashqai (despite its price that is more than 10.000 euros more expensive than the QQ).
Most X1s sold are the 18i and 16d (1500cc 3-cylinder diesel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperson View Post
Are you satisfied with your purchase? Does it feel "sportier" than your previous 2 cars? What about overtaking in highways? Is it "spirited" enough? Any bad things or complaints about the 1.5 engine? Does the car in general really feel more "refined"?
Thanks for your real world perspectives...helps me a lot in moving forward with a decision...
Yes I am! I paid quite a lot but I suffered 2 years with the cheap-ish Nissan QQ, so I "injected" some quality in my life!
The X1 is a sporty car, drives fast, comfortably and quietly. In Sport Mode it gets quite nervous, too!
Its "drive" is certainly more refined and spirited than anything I had till now.
The small engine is of course not that spirited as the bigger ones but mutatis mutandis is fine for me and I really never felt that it lacked power (in overtaking i.e)
More horsepower is always a good thing to have but the 18i is not going to disappoint you especially taking into account what you have been driving till now.
Appreciate 0