ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
MY2017 wifi hotspot

I just picked up my 2017 M2 and I can't figure out how to setup the wifi hotspot. I am able to connect I just not getting any data. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit 08/29/16:

1. So I hit the sos button as MrOhnoez stated below. Asked for the phone number for my car.

2. Went on a device that is connected to hotspot but was taking too long to load so I called 866-595-1222.

3. Told the att rep that I'm trying to setup my free 3 months of data for the first time. Att rep told me to go to myvehicle.att.com and if I had waited long enough I would have seen it loaded on my iPod in the car.

4. Went to myvehicle.att.com and begin the setup process.

In reality all you need to do is hit the SOS button get the phone number and then go to myvehicle.att.com

Received what seems to be a legitimate answer to my question today, will try in the morning:

MrOhnoez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
I got you man
Ok step 1
you need to set up an AT&T account using the Vehicles phone number
(it can retrieved easily by pressing the SOS button and asking what the vehicle phone number is)
Step 2 log on with a device on the internet and go to BMW USA and itll force you into a special webpage to fill out Use your new AT&T info to fill it out
then youll have the 3 gigs or 3 months free
BE CAUTIOUS 3 gigs is NOTHING you can burn through that very quickly
Once thr trial period is up then next time you log onto it itll force you into a page that allows you to sign up for a data plan
Just call this number if you have questions these guys are our resource when we set up a customers Wifi 1866-595-1222
If you have questions just message me

Last edited by ric124; 08-28-2016 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: Answer deserves to be in OP!
Appreciate 0