Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I do realize that your comments are meant in jest,
Very true.

Quote:
however; I'm not sure that I appreciate the cut of your jib sir. .
You are entitled to feel this way. It is also inconsequential. Neither of us really matter here.

Quote:
This thread is in regards to what other members employers, or former employers, offered as employee wellness incentives, not about people not washing their hands at work in a food manufacturing facility. .
Agreed. It is however in OT. And as seasoned members are aware, threads rarely stay on topic. This has had over 72 hours on topic, which is a rarity you should feel relatively good about IMO.

Quote:
We take these things very seriously here and it seems that you are eluding to slandering our good name based off assumptions that you have made yourself, not something that I have stated. Yes, people work here and people poop. No way around that. They aren't pooping in the production area. By this rationale should no one ever eat in restaurant again because people who poop work there?

For the record, there are multiple hand wash stations throughout our facility. All employees are required to wash their hands before they enter the production area. This is a non negotiable standard in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and also one that we are audited on regularly. After each break, including lunch, employees are lined up at hand washing stations before they enter the production area. I can assure you that there is no danger in fecal matter contaminating our product. If we were in the practice of demonstrating poor GMP's, our company would not have survived the last 200 years.

Please elaborate on what comments that I made, in respect to the rest of the employees at this facility, in regards to pooping at work that you feel justifies slandering our facility? Enlighten me. If you have nothing to share in regards to the topic of this thread, please take your assumptions somewhere else.
You have asked to be enlightened, being the ever courteous soul that I am, I'd like to provide the following points as a roadmap towards your path to enlightenment:

1. Slander is an untrue defamatory statement spoken orally. Libel on the other hand is the same defamatory statement, but written. Libel would have been a better word.

2. Defamation (or defamatory statements) are statements presented as fact that causes injury or damage to the character of the person it is about. I did not name any names, nor do I know the company you work for. Accordingly, I fail to understand how the character of your company specifically has been impugned.

3. Intent is also a crucial piece of the puzzle in order to successfully argue defamation. Intent suggests that I made a statement with the knowledge it was untrue or with reckless disregard for the truth (meaning I questioned the truthfulness, but said it anyhow). My statement was that I surmise at least one employee probably doesn't wash their hands. Surmise is to "suppose something is true without having evidence to confirm it". In other words, a guess. With that word there, an argument for intent sort of falls flat on its face.

I tend to choose my words carefully. I wish others would do the same.

So....feeling enlightened? Or are you just raging?

Think of it this way - use this as fuel to hit the gym.

References
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/d...nder-and-libel
Appreciate 0